007. thanks for defending me

PLAYBOY SHIT,
💋 chapter seven

third person.

sat down at their dining table on the wednesday evening in their usual seats, the bellamy family of four were finishing up their meal over some slight chatter — the elder twin thinking she had gotten away with skipping class that morning.

"so delilah.." nancy addressed her, following her arms after placing her drink back down. "do you care to explain to your father and i why only you were late to school this morning?"

"i- i just," she stuttered as her mind scrambled to come up with a lie. "i couldn't find the classroom and when i finally found help and the room it was already like half way through the lesson and it would have just been embarrassing to walk in that late.."

"she slept in this morning-"

"abbi?!" delilah cut her off as she flicked her head towards the younger beside herself, furrowing at the girl. "don't throw me under the bus more."

"really?" their mother raised a brow at the pair. "i agreed to let you two take care of yourselves in the morning and start work earlier, only two days in and it already seems like that was a mistake huh?"

"mom, yes she slept in but if she didn't have to park the car she would've been fine," abigail defended her sister. "lila dropped me off at the door and made sure i wasn't late too, so i was able to find someone to help me find my class but by the time she had gotten inside everyone had gone to class already, i assume.."

"yeah," the other quickly nodded in agreement with a small hum. "mom, i promise i just stayed up too late last night and slept through my alarms, it won't happen again. i'll make sure we're on time and i can find a parking spot well before the bell rings."

"good."

as the dinner conversation was switched over to the other twin's school day, the time slowly passed by and delilah was soon getting up and take her dish to the kitchen to wash up. then heading upstairs to her bedroom, abigail shortly following behind her.

"i didn't know you were late you school this morning, lila," the younger folded her arms as she watched her sister. "you would've had plenty of time to park and go to class before being marked absent.."

"abbi, get over it," she shook her head with a small groan. "thanks for defending me but i'm allowed to do what i want."

"and what do you mean by that?"

"skip class, see guys, the obvious.." delilah furrowed at her.

"you use to tell me when you were skipping class and who were you skipping class with this morning? and why did you decide so close to the bell?"

"my god, come in," she muttered.

grabbing abigail's arm and somewhat gently pulling her into the room before shutting the door — wanting to take any precaution for their parents not to overhear. the younger stood in front of the girl's bed as she sat down on it, then signalling her hand to indicate to the other to continue.

"i was with corbyn, okay?" delilah moved her attention to her phone, as she subtly shook her head. "went to his place, fooled around, who cares."

"was it for your sake or the dare's sake?" she furrowed her brow, receiving a shrug in response.

"both."

".. if you're gonna do the dare i'm not gonna lie or cover for you anymore, i'm sorry but i don't agree with doing that to someone.. like imagine if you were on their end?"

"i wouldn't care," she shrugged once again. "it's high school for fuck sakes, realistically no relationships last, it's not the end of the world to mess with them a bit. they move on, forget about it, find new girlfriends.. it's really not the end of the world abbi."

"i'd hate to be played.. even if it's high school and you think all relationships aren't gonna last.. like i could not imagine finding out if thomas has another girlfriend and how much that will not only hurt me now but scare me forever. someone who goes through that is gonna find it hard to trust others in the future."

"they'll be fine," delilah shook her head, looking back at her twin. "i get what you mean but i'm sure there's some statistic out there about how guys are more likely to play girls than the other way so i think they'll be fine trusting future girlfriends."

"dee-"

"and plus guys use the term date really loosely and often just don't make thing official and just assume it is, so if they find out they can't be mad at me cause 'oh i'm so sorry i didn't realise we were dating, i thought this was just a little hookup'," she spoke her excuse in a sarcastic tone. "the girls don't need to know i haven't actually made things official."

"can you just promise that you'll be smart and know to step away from it before it gets out of hand again..? i don't want it to be like maryland.."

"yeah sure."

"okay- that doesn't mean i want you doing it, i just know you won't listen to me when i ask you not to do it."

"yeah, you're right, i won't," she chuckled. "now do you wanna leave cause i gotta get some pics to keep the boys happy."

"whatever.." abigail mumbled as she turned around and lead herself out of the elder's room.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
i forgot that this book is
published lmao