Chapter VI : Coffee and Promises

.|. 502 , Newton Street .|.

Steven jolted upwards, shouting and swinging his arms to guard his face as the horrible scream of the jackal surrounded him. He went to run, but instead of running through the halls of the museum, he flew forward, ankle caught and yanking him down hard onto the wooden floor. He groaned, chest aching as the air was knocked out of him. "Oh man, that really hurt," he gasped, struggling to get up. He pushed himself up, looking around in relief as he realized it was all just a dream. He frowned though as he also realized that he couldn't remember coming home.

He shook his head, frustrated with his terrible memory. It was getting bad again, his days becoming a blur and things always looking strange and unreal at times. He walked over to his bed, sitting down on it to take off his ankle restraint. As he let the leash hang from the bed post, he looked at the front door. The blue tape was in place, as well as all the locks secured. "I can't . . . " he said, trying with all his might to remember when he came home. He got up then, making his way to the restroom to get showered for work.

As he closed the curtain behind him, he couldn't help but pause and look at the closed cabinet above the sink. He stared at it, eyes narrowed with suspicion and frustration. He pulled the doors open, revealing the three mirrors. "You there?" he asked looking at his reflection, daring the ghost that had been haunting him lately to come out and speak now. "Hmm? No? Yeah. Didn't think so," he said, glaring at the reflection of himself on the right.

He shut the doors then, shaking his head as he pulled off his jacket - jacket? He looked down at himself, seeing that he was still in his clothes from last night. "What?" he asked. His eyes widened as he saw the dark stain on the front of his pants. It was huge, looking very much like he had peed himself. He unbuckled his pants, stepping out of them and looking at the stain closer. It didn't smell like pee . . .

In fact, it smelled almost like . . . his face went hot as he realized what it was. "Oh," he said quietly, realizing that he had ejaculated in his sleep. He stared at the spot, trying to recall what he had dreamt, but again there was nothing to remember. He sighed, giving up on yet another mystery.

He dropped his pants then, standing in only his briefs when he decided to brush his teeth first before anything else. He didn't want to go to work. He was exhausted and desperate for more sleep. It was horrible. It felt like he hadn't slept at all.

"You'd think not recalling coming home would mean that you were dead tired and had a good night's rest," he complained out loud. He shook his head as he squeezed the toothpaste out on his toothbrush. "Today better go by fast," he grumbled. He opened his mouth then, but closed it immediately at the soreness. He seethed quietly, trying to open his jaw again but the slight pain was still there. Had he been punched? Why did his jaw hurt so much? Was he clenching his teeth in his sleep now?

He rubbed his jaw, massaging it as he focused on the dull soreness. He opened his mouth again, slower this time as he brushed his teeth.

"Bloody hell, I'm so tired," he whimpered, his head swimming as he fought to keep his eyes open. He pulled his briefs off then and walked like a drunk towards the shower. He yanked on the string to start the water, letting the warm spray steam up the bathroom. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do to wake himself up, but on top of feeling exhausted, he also felt . . . aroused. "Mm," he groaned, feeling at himself, pulling up and down his thick shaft lazily. He leaned his forehead on the wall of the shower, gasping quietly at the friction. He was so horny. He didn't think of anything or anyone in particular, his mind too tired to try and picture anything as he jacked himself off in the warm water. He opened his mouth slightly, eyebrows narrowed in concentration at the intense pleasure. "Oh, fuck," he choked, picking up the pace. His stomach tightened, back rigid as he leaned forward. He let out a loud cry, unable to control himself. It felt so good. It felt so good. It felt so -