Graduation & Party

I was in my room getting dressed for Chris's graduation and I was wearing a light-yellow sundress and some wedge heels. I waved my hair and left it down and I headed downstairs knowing we needed to go.

"Mom, can I drive me and Vinny?" Chris asked and she nodded as he grabbed the keys to his car and we headed outside

"Vinny, I'll have Carly meet you at the front door since you won't be able to go in with Chris." Lisa said as we all left.

"Sounds good." I said as Chris opened the door for me and looked at him.

"You have your cap and gown?" I asked.

"Shit!" He said and ran back in the house and I laughed. I got in the car and waited for Chris. Once we came back out with everything he got in and we left. He held my hand the whole way.

"So have you talked to your mom about Stanford yet?" Chris asked as we drove and I sighed.

"No, there was never a good time. I think I will do it on the way home." I said and Chris smiled.

"Well I did some research and did you now from Stanford to my place in LA it's only like five and a half hours. Weekends we could meet up halfway or something. Long weekends you could come down to me or I could come to you." Chris said and I nodded.

"That's some distance but it would be worth it to not be across the country from you." I said and Chris nodded.

"So are you for sure coming?" Chris asked and I shrugged.

"Like I said, I want to talk to my mom. I have to make sure it's okay. I know I'm an adult Chris but I'm all she has." I said and Chris nodded and kissed my knuckles.

"Hey even if you don't come to California, I'm not letting this go. We will figure out something." Chris said and I smiled at him. We drove the rest of the way in silence. Once we got to where his graduation was he parked the car and I got out. I saw Tara and she ran up and hugged me.

"You look so pretty!" She said and I smiled and looked at her dress almost identical to mine only red.

"You too!" I said and we laughed.

"Chris, are you treating my new best friend right?" Tara asked and I laughed and Chris groaned.

"New best friend? You just met." Chris said and I nodded.

"When you left us alone at the table last night we decided we were going to be best friends, exchanged info and everything. She is going to keep tabs on you while I'm not around and tell me all your embarrassing stories." I said and Chris groaned.

"This...-" Chris motioned between the two of us. "This will be a problem." Chris said and we laughed. I hugged Tara again.

"See you at the party." She said and headed inside. I walked up to Chris as he got his cap and gown out of the car.

"Go graduate." I said and he smiled leaning down and kissing me.

"You gonna cheer loud for me?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"Heck no, I'm saving it for Tara." I said and he groaned.

"Troublemaker." Chris said and I gave him another small kiss.

"I have to go find your sister, get inside." I said and he walked away and I headed to the main door.

🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓

After the ceremony we headed back to the Evans house where Lisa was throwing a huge party. I had a gift for Chris but I didn't want him to open it in front of everyone. He was busy talking to family so I was hanging out with Tara, Danny and Mike.

"So in two weeks he is coming to your prom?" Danny asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, that was the plan." I said and everyone gave a small smile.

"Do you know Chris almost didn't go on the New York Trip?" Mike asked and I looked at him shocked.

"Really?" I asked and Mike nodded.

"Yeah he didn't think he would enjoy himself." Danny said and we all laughed. I felt someone wrap their arms around me from behind.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Chris asked resting his chin on my shoulder.

"You almost not going on the New York trip." I said and he sighed.

"Thank god I did." Chris said and I nodded. I then looked at him.

"I have a gift for you." I said and he smiled.

"Where is it?" Chris asked.

"In my suitcase upstairs." I said and he smiled. He took my hand and we headed upstairs going into my room.

"You pulled me up here fast and I think you are thinking this is a sexy gift." I said and Chris laughed.

"Not technically..." Chris said and we laughed. I pulled the box from the suitcase and Chris unwrapped it and found a photo album.

"Vinny..." Chris said and started flipping through noticing it was all the pictures of us from New York.

"I just wanted you to have something of us together for LA." I said and he kissed me.

"Thank you." Chris said. He got to the last page and it was us in our spot in times square. The next picture was just of the spot I took with a post it note on it saying 10 years...Chris laughed.

"I'll be there, I promise." Chris said and I smiled.

"Even if we are together and make this work we should still go there in 10 years." I said and he nodded.

"You can count on it." Chris said as he kissed me. As the kiss got deeper he moved me down on the bed. Before we could get any further the door was being opened by Lisa.

"Okay stop it you two, Chris come on. It's your party." Lisa said and I laughed as we headed back downstairs.