The Truth

"What do you mean you knew where he was this whole time?!" I yelled at my mother as she sat in the hotel room. She soon arrived after I rushed out of breakfast leaving everyone including my father standing there.

"He contacted me on your 3rd birthday wanting to see you. I refused but he asked if I would just send him current pictures of you growing up. He said he made a mistake in leaving but understood me not taking him back." Andrea said and I just paced in the room shaking my head.

"You know my life was going amazing! I can't even have 24 hours to bask in the fact I have the love of my life back until shit hits the fan." I said.

"Are we going to talk about that at all? I mean I can't believe you forgave Chris so easy, he dropped you and his family too." Andrea said and I groaned.

"That was a miss understanding, she never got the letter." I said and Andrea sighed.

"So, you just forgave him?" Andrea asked and I groaned.

"Listen, we are together and going to work through everything. I know things will be tough, but we are older now and know we want each other more than anything." I said. "Also, don't get off track, we are talking about my father." I said.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Andrea said and then I got thinking back on something.

"Oh my god, he was at my graduation...." I said and Andrea hung her head. "You were talking to someone when I walked up to you after the ceremony. He walked away quickly when I arrived! Oh my god!" I said.

"He wanted to see you graduate." Andrea said and I shook my head.

"He lost that right, all rights, when he walked out on us!" I yelled and she sighed.

"I know your upset..." Andrea said.

"Upset? Upset?! Mom! Come on! I don't remember this man, I never had any memories of him, he walked out! He wanted to be around you should have let him at some point, maybe now I wouldn't be so shocked! God, this could ruin everything." I said sat down in a chair putting my head in my hands.

"How?!" Andrea asked.

"Chris's career, we are just starting off. I don't want drama in my life that is going to be linked to him." I said and Andrea sighed as there was a knock on the door. I got up and answered it. Chris instantly pulled me into a hug, I instantly relaxed. We pulled back from each other and he cupped my face.

"Don't run out like that, we had no clue where you went." Chris said and I sighed.

"Can we just go to your hotel? I'm packed." I said and he nodded and helped me get my bags.

"Davina!" Andrea asked and I shook my head. I saw the Evans clan, Aubrey, Marty and Daphne all standing there and at the back of the group was Drew.

"No, I have to go." I said and we walked past everyone and went down to get a cab and go to Chris's hotel. The ride to his hotel room was silent and he knew I wanted it that way. Once we got to his room, he pulled me to sit on the foot of the bed and just held me as I broke down in tears.

"He was always there Chris, he was there, and she wouldn't let me get to know him but was constantly sending him pictures and news on me." I said and Chris groaned upset with Andrea. I just cried until the exhaustion from everything won out and I fell back asleep leaning into Chris and he just laid us down on the bed.

🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽

I woke up a few hours later as Chris was hanging up the phone.

"Hey sleeping beauty." He said and I smiled as him as he gave me a small kiss. He was just lying in the bed with me.

"Hey, who were you talking to?" I asked.

"Just some work calls." Chris said and I nodded.

"Well speaking of work, I need to call them and tell them I will be taking a few more days off. I was supposed to head back tomorrow." I said getting up and Chris looked at me.

"Where do you work now?" Chris asked.

"Akron's own Firestone Park Elementary school K-5 art teacher at your service." I said and he smiled.

"I love it." Chris said and but I could tell he was wondering something.

"You want to know if I would move schools..." I said and he sighed.

"We can talk about it later. While you were sleeping, I went through your clothes and I think you need to shower, put on this outfit and we are going out to sight see in New York, maybe end the night at a special location to us." Chris said and I looked at him oddly and them smiled at what he picked out for me to wear.

" Chris said and I looked at him oddly and them smiled at what he picked out for me to wear

"Want to join me in the shower?" I asked and he groaned.

"Tempting...so fucking tempting." Chris said as I got up, walked closer to him and took his hand.

"So let me tempt you some more..." I trailed off and pulled him down to passionately kiss me. He picked me up by the back of my thighs and I squealed wrapping my legs around his waist as he carried me into the bathroom, our lips never disconnecting.