Chapter 7

Akane Asha

"ASHA!" the Hashira shouted when they saw her. She offered a small wave before Mitsuri and Shinobu tackle-hugged her. Akane wore her uniform and paired it with leggings. And she wore one of Dabi's black hoodies. The hood was pulled over her head to cover the scars on her face.

"Are you okay?" Gyomei asked.

"How are you feeling?" Shinobu questioned.

"What happened?" Muichiro growled. He looked very, very angry. So did Giyu and Sanemi.

"Who did it?" Giyu asked.

"Are you hungry?" Kyojuro asked.

"Do the scars hurt?" Sanemi asked.

"Should we move somewhere else?" Obanai questioned. Mitsuri just hugged Akane tightly after Shinobu pulled away. Tengen observed them quietly. Behind Akane, she heard Dabi laugh a little.

"She's fine," Dabi said, putting a hand on her head. "Just don't overwhelm her." He looked down at Akane. "If you're fine here, then I'm heading out."

"Okay," Akane whispered. She wanted him to stay but she knew the rest of the Hashira weren't fond of him. Tengen noticed some sadness in her tone.

"Why don't you stay, Dabi?" Tengen offered. "We're heading to that park you and Asha played at when you were little."

"Oh um sure?" Dabi said. "If that's okay with you guys." The Hashira shrugged and they went to the park. "You okay with this?" Akane nodded and hugged Dabi's arm as they walked. He didn't try to break away or tell her to let go of him as he would say to anyone else. Mitsuri and Obanai looked over at the pair behind everyone. Obanai narrowed his eyes at Dabi while Mitsuri smiled. Akane ignored her friends and pressed her face against Dabi's arm. "You okay? Is this too much?"

"I'm okay," Akane said.

"If you're sure."

"I'm sure." They arrived at the park and went to play. "What do you want to do?"

"Climb that tree." Akane smiled as she followed Dabi over to the tree. "Still need a boost?"

"No!" Akane giggled and leaped up onto the first branch. "Come on, slowpoke." Dabi glared and climbed up after her. They climbed up and sat on the branch they always sat on. She leaned against him and started swinging her legs below her. He could tell that something was bothering her.

"You want to tell me what's wrong yet or?" Akane sighed and closed her eyes. When she opened them, she found Dabi looking down at her, his eyes swirling with concern.

"Your dad wants to talk to us."

💮 ⛈ 💮

"This is going to be a pain," Dabi grumbled as they arrived at the Todoroki house. Akane nodded and pulled her hood over her head. He sighed and pulled it back down. "You don't have to wear it."

"I know but..." Akane whispered. She fiddled with the hem of the sleeves. Dabi had given her the jacket when they were little. It was the jacket she always wore when she was out on a mission. He pulled the hood back over her head before taking her hand.

"Come on, let's get this over with."

"Can we go for udon after?"

"You sure you don't want shabu shabu?" Akane paused and tapped her chin as they walked towards the door. Dabi knocked when they got there.

"Now I don't know."

"Think about it. Then, we'll go get it after we leave." Shoto opened the door, making Dabi tense. Akane held onto Dabi's hand tighter.

"Hey," Shoto said, waving a little.

"Hey." Akane just waved with her other hand. He let them inside and led them to the living room. Rei, Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Endeavor were there. Akane shrank closer to Dabi's side. Dabi wrapped an arm around her shoulders as Shoto went to sit next to his family. "You wanted to talk?" The pair sat down next to Natsuo, who looked happy that his brother was sitting next to him.

"Yes, I did," Endeavor said, politely. Akane crinkled her nose. EW. Dabi seemed to be sharing the same thought.

"Okay, let's do this. I'm going to explain everything that happened and after you, each can ask one and only one question." Once they all agreed, Dabi told them everything that had happened from living in the alleyway to their fight to joining the League and Akane's joining the Demon Slayer Corp.

"Now you can ask your questions," Akane said when Dabi finished. "Who's going first?" Rei and Fuyumi asked their questions. Then, Shoto.

"What's your question, Natsu?"

"Why did you send a villain after me?" Natsuo asked. Dabi nudged Akane, who looked up at him.

"Did you tell the heroes yet or?"

"No," Akane mumbled. "I was going to then I got busy then I was in the hospital so..." Akane shrugged.

"What?" Natsuo asked. "What does it have to do with my question?"

"It might be better if you see what happened..." Dabi replied. Natsuo nodded slowly.

💮 In Natsuo's Head 💮

"So this is what happens when you use your quirk!" Natsuo said as Akane appeared in front of him.

"What did you think happened?" Natsuo shrugged. Akane sighed and walked over to him. "I'm going to take off my hood now. Don't scream or tell anyone. Only you and Touya know what I look like..." Natsuo nodded and Akane took off the hood that covered her head.

"Wow, um okay. I see why you keep your hood up." Akane smiled a little. "Can you show me now?" Akane nodded and shared her memories from the day Dabi switched sides. Once she shared the memories, she left.

💮 ⛈ 💮

"That makes sense," Natsuo said. Dabi sighed with relief. "So you don't have any of the memories that we shared when we were little?"

"Nope," Dabi said. "That's also why I came here. Ane told me that I spent a lot of time with you the most out of the three of you."

"How does it work?"

"I can do two people at once," Akane piped up. "It's just tiring. So I'll need to sleep afterward."

"Let's do it!"

💮 Akane's Mind 💮

"Okay," Dabi said as he and Natsuo appeared in Akane's mind. "This is a new one." Akane laughed. In everyone's mind, there was a small space that she was allowed in. Each space is different, it fits the personality of the person. Most people didn't know it was there. In every room, there are file cabinets from the top of the wall to the floor. These were the places memories are stored and filed. Akane's was neat and well-organized.

"You've never seen my space?" Akane asked.

"No! You always go to mine."

"Oh. Yeah, that makes sense."

"Let's do this!" Natsuo said. "Then the sooner Touya can remember all the fun times we had." Dabi laughed but nodded. Akane smiled as she turned to her file cabinets.

"Natsu, catch." Akane tossed him a file folder, which he caught. "Try doing that and get your memories."

"On it!" The next second he disappeared.

"I forgot how long this process is," Dabi remarked as Natsuo appeared a couple of minutes later.

"Yeah. It takes a while," Akane said, rubbing her eyes. "It'll take longer since you have a lot more memories." Natsuo handed Dabi the files he grabbed and Dabi already knew what to do. When he touched the opened file, he disappeared. "It's fine, he's just experiencing the memory over again."

"Alright, there are a lot..." Natsuo said.

"I know. The sooner we get this done, the better."