𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚

PEARL HAD WOKEN UP THAT MORNING with a smile on her angelic face

PEARL HAD WOKEN UP THAT MORNING with a smile on her angelic face. Despite the negativity that surrounded her, she always managed to keep a smile.

Especially on days like this.

On days where her parents weren't home.

She heard them leaving early that morning.
Peaking out the window as she watched them pack up the car before leaving together.

So, she took a shower and used all her favorite soaps and shampoos. Once she got out, she slathered on her baby powder-scented lotion and spritzed on her sweet-smelling perfume. Then, she slipped on a light, flowing purple dress and matching pastel pumps.

For her hair, she put it into two pigtails with ribbons to match her outfit at the base of the pigtails, and then added matching jewelry. To complete her look, she applied lavender makeup.

Once she finished, she exited her bedroom and made her way downstairs toward the kitchen. While down there, she turned on the brown radio and began unknowingly humming the tune that played as she prepared fruit and pancakes for herself.

"That's all right for you. That's all right, mama, just anyway you do," she quietly sang to herself.

She danced around the kitchen, enjoying the music that played on the radio, "That's all right now, mama, anyway you do," she sucks some batter off of her finger before continuing the next few lyrics, "Ah, da-da-dee, dee, dee-dee. Dee, dee, dee-dee. Dee, dee, dee-dee, I need your lovin'..."

And as the song ends, she finishes up her pancakes. She slides them onto the dining table before skipping back into the kitchen and grabbing the bowl of berries from the fridge. She reenters the dining room and pours some berries onto her plate before putting the bowl back and plopping herself down in her seat and eating her breakfast.

She quickly finishes and then puts in her food away, rinsing off her plate and silverware.

And just then, the doorbell rings. She smiles giddily and rushes toward the front door, swinging it open. And there stands her sister, Marigold. "Mari!" she grins, engulfing her sister in a warm and comforting hug.