𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐, 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆

AS PEARL WALKED THROUGH THE BUSY carnival, she happily looked around at all the fun-looking rides as the smell of carnival food filled her nostrils

Pearl tugged on the sleeve of her sister's shirt as she began to speak, "don't you think it's time I head back home?"

Marigold laughs, "Pearl, our parents won't be home for days. You said it yourself darlin'. Stop worryin' about it."

Pearl takes a deep breath, "you're right. I suppose I should enjoy myself."

"Why don't you go get yourself somethin' to eat?" Luther suggests.

Pearl smiles, "be back." She happily walks over, pushing herself through the crowd.

"We gotta find a way to get her outta there," Marigold tells Luther, keeping her eyes trained on her sister as she heads over to one of the food stands.

"She's seventeen, Goldie. She's too young to leave but too old to be adopted by us."

"That's the thing, Luth, she's seventeen. She is old enough to leave," Marigold sighs and crosses her arms, "she just has to want to."

"You don't thinks she wants to?" he asks.

"No, she does. She's just too scared."

"Hey, isn't that Elvis?" Luther suddenly says.

Marigold looks over and sure enough, dressed in white pants and a black lace shirt is the man himself, Elvis Presley.

"Hey E.P.!" Luther shouts through the crowd.

Elvis suddenly stops and looks for the source of the yell. He smiles widely when he sees that it was his two friends, Marigold Anderson, and Luther Hawk.