𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆

PEARL GRACIE SAT by her windowsill as she watched the busy cars zip by

She could smell the food her sister was making in the kitchen downstairs. The smell both calmed and excited her.

While her mom was around, she never cooked. And when she did, it wasn't ever enough to even satisfy a baby.

Happily, Pearl stood up and exited her room as she made her way to the kitchen. Once downstairs, she found Luther humming to the music on the radio as he assisted Marigold with dinner.

Pearl skipped over to her big sister, taking notice to the large meal she's making. "What's the occasion?" Pearl questions.

"Luther, you didn't tell her?" Marigold scolds.

"Damn, I'm sorry. It slipped my mind," he apologizes to which Marigold rolls her eyes and goes back to making the food. "Mari and I invited a few friends over."

"F-Friends?" Pearl nervously says, "Mama and Daddy never allow anyone in the house."

"Well they ain't here, are they?" Marigold points out.

"Who'd you invite?" Pearl asks, pushing back any fears of breaking her parent's rules.

"Uh... let's see," Luther starts. "We invited my sister, Peach. Oh and her two friends, these singers called James and Marie Anne. Siblings. They're real close with my sister."

Pearl smiles, remembering her first encounter with Peach was only a day ago yet she felt so connected to her. She was such a kind girl. And the thought of meeting new people also excited her.

But remembering her first encounter with Peach reminds her that last night was also her first time meeting Elvis.

Elvis.

She's tried to keep him off of her mind since being separated from him but she can't. It's been impossible.

Shaking those thoughts away, she asks, "who else?"