Unwelcome reunion

"Always did say you were your mothers daughter your father is far to soft" "I would disagree" Adam said sipping his coffee "who are you" "none of your concern we have to talk" "so why is he here" "I'm her backup" she looks at Adam confused making ...

"Always did say you were your mothers daughter your father is far to soft" "I would disagree" Adam said sipping his coffee "who are you" "none of your concern we have to talk" "so why is he here" "I'm her backup" she looks at Adam confused making me sigh. "Why would she need backup from me" "not relevant" I wave off "what do you need Bailey" she sits down at her desk looking at me "I need you to look someone up" "you can do that I know you can" I heard Adam gasp making glare at him. I kinda already told him to leave this to me. "Yeah well you see I can only get so far without being arrested" "incase you haven't noticed you aren't getting into to get arrested" I sigh "look can you just Abby McSweeney" "your dads ex" I nod "never did like that tramp you know if they didn't get married we would have gotten together" "what are you talking about" "why don't you tell me why you want me to look her up why you came all this way" "A girl by the name of Ellie Halstead go on look her up" I point to the computer "I have an Ellie Halstead entering the country" "she wasn't born here wow that's something new" I dash around the desk staring at the computer "you want an ace up your sleeve" she mused "Ellie is the daughter of Abby and your dad isn't she" she said typing away "she looks like your dad" she mused staring at a photo she pulled up. "I never knew he had another kid" "neither did we until recently...like a year ago" I told her "why do you have it out for her" "she's a bitch" "she's Satan reincarnated" Adam said making Kira snot in the attempt to hide a laugh. "Well she was born in France...can't see anything on Abby" "she's in Chicago I just need an ace as you put it to insure that she takes her daughter" she smirks at me "I knew you would flourish" I nod in attempt to brush her off politely can't be rude or she won't help. "Dad can't know either" "so what are you going to do when she is gone if it's anything like you your dad is very attached" "I'll be the best daughter ever and figure it out" I shrug sitting opposite her "also if you could help me break dad and his new wife up" she coughed rapidly "I'm sorry he got married" "yep and to the wrong woman" "I'm sorry what" Adam said "oh yeah...Mirabel you didn't know" he shakes his head. "I never stopped loving him" "you just stopped loving me right" "actually the opposite I knew he could give you more love than I could enough for the both of us I didn't know how to love you" "did you regret it" "no but seeing you now I am sad I don't know you" she weakly smiles.

I walk out pausing. "Hey Addy you mind if I go do some stuff" "why would I mind" "we had plans" "I don't care it's clearly important" I nod "you call me ok no matter what" "well I can't exactly call dad and Belle is busy" he gasps "I'll be at work but you know I'll come" I nod hugging him.

"Your back" the receptionist did not seem happy. "Just call her" she sighs doing just that. I walk back up to the office pausing at the door. I question why I was doing this. "You coming in or not" she said opening the door "did you leave something" "no uhh i kinda realised that we never actually spoke beyond fighting" she sighs "I'm working" "you do know I practically spend all my time at the district right" she sighs "wait here" she said walking out of her office.

It felt strange being here. Her office it was I don't even know how to describe it. Then my eye caught a photo. Delicately picking it up my hands shaking at I do.

It was the day before she left me

It was the day before she left me. I vividly remember that cat, couldn't tell you what it's name was or anything. That hug was the last one she gave me. My grandmother took it, probably one of the last ones she took before she was sick. The last one was me and my grandfather he was so unhappy, I however was over the moon.

"Kept it to remind me what I was fighting for" "how can you fight for someone who barely knows you remembers you" she doesn't say anything "why didn't you visit" "I went under of course I couldn't tell your grandparents that fbi have different rules about that it lasted two years when I came out I wasn't the same I came to see you but then I saw you laughing as your dad chased you and I knew I couldn't ruin that I was having nightmares, I could barely sleep, I was in a really bad place" "you thought dad would be in a good place after fighting in Afghanistan he had nightmares" I sigh "I couldn't sleep I was scared that I would wake up and more people I love would disappear like you so I always slept with someone so I was always there when he would wake up from nightmares...you know how many times my screams woke people up grandparents dad mouse...they werent from nightmares they were out of fear because my dad or mouse were having flashbacks bad flashbacks you want to know how many times I got bruised or pushed out of the way" "if you were in trouble" "I wasn't they didn't know and my screams or cries generally woke them out of whatever they were living but I between the ages of three and five I didn't know what was happening I knew that wasn't them you know how terrifying that is or how painful it was leaning about PTSD" I said my eyes not leaving the picture "why didn't you come when you found out what happened to me the rape or the shooting in certain you know about that" she sighs "your dad is your entire world I couldn't insert myself when you were in so much pain" I don't know why she's so open. It kinda made me uncomfortable.