chapter five

Miles Evans

you didn't go though all that for nothing
*light talks of abuse*
☙❦❧

It's almost game day.

I'm so nervous for it it's not even fucking funny.

I've doing well with my practice for this game but we are up against Mayfield college our rivals so this is a big game and the whole school is here to watch us play.

Luckily i confined Syd to come to the game to see me play for the first time.

Well knowing me for the first time, she probably seen me on the ice before when she's come to see her brother.

I'm looking forward to it todays as after the game if we win out tradition is to go to in and out for burgers and fries and also a night walk though the city.

I dropped Arlo off at my mums house this morning as she wanted to take him to her flower shop, which is helpful for me as i now don't have to worry about finding a babysitter.

The game starts at 5 and it's currently 1pm so me and the boys are just getting everything ready to head over to the rink to get in some last minute practice.

As I'm packing me bag up with my skates I play "The Smiths" as I always listen to them before a big game, their music has been my good luck charm since day one.

As I'm getting my bag already I start to think of everything that's on my mind.

My exam coming up soon, Arlo's birthday is in 2 months and if I don't pass this exam then I'm no longer captain.

I can't loss that role, I love it so much.

Hockey brings me so much happiness and peace when I'm on the ice everything on my mind just goes.

It's just you, the ice and nothing else.

I started playing hockey when I was 7 to get away from things happening at home.

My sports teacher was the one that told me I should go for try outs and he signed me all up and that was the day I fell in love with it.

The rest is history.

"Hey miles you ready?" Matthew says at my door.

"Yeah Matt I'm just coming" I say with a smile as I grab my bag and water bottle before heading out the door.

❤︎

We told the others to meet us a little earlier so we could see each other before the game.

Heading towards the aera we start to see Mayfield college team pulling up into the parking lot acting all cocky as usally.

God I hate that college.

"Okay so my guess is that she won't show" Noah says putting an arm around my shoulders.

"And whys that Noah" I question.

Yes I did not ask Sydney personal to come to the game but spencer is playing as well the whole school is going so I just guessed she would.

I did also send her a text so umm yeah...

"Well cause your head over heals for that girl and I donno if hockey is her thing" He says opening the door.

As we open the door I see Sydney, Tilly and Savannah sat on the beanches talking to Spencer and Samson.

I laugh as I look over at Noah's shocked face.