chapter eight

Sydney Lee

ahh but that first kiss
☙❦❧

Tension.

It's a weird but good feeling all in one.

Miles went to kiss me, and i went with him.

I felt so many butterflies in my stomach and this comfort feeling in my chest when he placed his hand on my cheek.

It was like his hand was meant to be there, it felt so right, the whole moment felt right...

I'm not mad it didn't happen but at the same time it would have been amazing.

I'm slowly starting to get back to cooking and eating well again.

I've been struggling with it for the past year, at the end of the summer last year i was diagnosed with an ED it's been a very long 8 months of different food plans and ways to help me.

I feel better but sometimes I really do struggle, my doctor says its to do with my anxiety and social anxiety as I'm always comparing myself to others which is where this all started with my eating habits.

I always count the calories and make sure i don't over cook meals i always make enough just for two people.

Well enough for Tilly to have a full sized meal.

Tilly is great though always there with breakfast lunch and dinner for me, even if i don't eat it she makes sure I always have something in case i get hungry or i change my mind.

That rarely happens.

Having Miles here is a way of me being able to cope with eating in a way, if I'm being honest i didn't really think about it when I ask him if he wanted to stay for dinner.

I guess that what happens when you almost kiss the person you have a crush on.

His eyes are beautiful.

He is beautiful.

Dating boys has never really been my thing...

I've had the odd one here and there but nothing has ever been serious

Well I've wanted them to be don't get me wrong, I've always dreamed of the teenage romance but that never happened for me.

I guess i never was just enough...

"Syd, you umm ok?" Miles says brushing his hand over my shoulder, breaking me from my thoughts.

I turn to look at him, his eyes lock into mine and woah.

"Hi" he says smiling down at me.

"Hi" I blush, pushing my hair out of my face.

"So what can I do to help" he says clapping his hands together, like he was ready to go somewhere.

"Oh you could start off by cutting up the peppers and mushrooms please" I say as I grab the pasta out of the cardboard.

"Sure thing" He says moving over to the chopping board with a spring in his step.

He goes over and grabs the peppers and mushrooms and starts to chop them up, I go over and grab the pasta and things to make a sauce.

"Thanks again for all your help with this business studying for our exam, it means a lot for you to be helping me" Miles says placing the veg into the pan.

"No, no of course, it's been helpful for me too going over the topics again and you know its the least i could do for you." I say with a smile.

He smiles back at me, oh god, that smile...