𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐀𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝗔𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁.

Season two, episode thirteen:

Doomsday - Part two.

- ~ -

Jackie's eyes gleamed with tears as she stumbled, swallowing harshly at the sight of her husband, his voice ringing mockingly in her ears. She clenched her hands as she forced herself to speak, voice cracking, "I said there were ghosts, but that's not fair...Why him!?"

Pete lowered his gun, eyes softening at the grief in Jackie's voice, "I'm not a ghost."

She shook her head profusely, no, she refused to believe it. She had cried over Pete Tyler more than anyone else, she still cried for him. For the years they never had. He couldn't just be here now, she refused it.

"But you're dead," Jackie croaked, soul seeming to be shredded wide open, "You died twenty years ago, Pete!"

"Jackie...do you remember when we told you about the parallel universe we went to? This is the Pete from that universe," Lynnette told her gently, she couldn't bare the look of agony that had torn across the woman's face. She couldn't bare the look Miranda and Richard shot her.

"Every decision creates a parallel existence, a different dimension where..." The Doctor began only to be cut off by Jackie's scolding look.

"Oh, you can shut up," At her words, a hint of a smile appeared on Pete's face, fond and distant, he had not worn that expression for a very long time.

And neither had Jackie, "Oh...You look old."

Pete couldn't stop himself, "You don't." 

Jackie flushed for a moment, "How can you be standing there?"

He smiled, "Just got lucky. Lived my life," Remorse flickered across his face, "But you were left on your own. You didn't marry again, or...?"

There was something in his face, a barely hidden desire. 

He wanted Jackie, his wife, the woman who he first met when he bumped into her friend and she yelled at him, swears falling from her lips with ease. It was over for him then, Jackie Tyler had stolen his attention and he'd never want to give it to anybody else.

"There was never anyone else," Jackie murmured, "Twenty years, though. Look at me, I never left that flat. Did nothing with myself."

She wanted Pete, her husband, the man who she had first met when he bumped into her friend and she yelled at him, swears falling from her lips with ease. It was over for her then, Pete Tyler had stolen her attention away and she'd never want to give it to anybody else.