Researching the new power

"Are you sure this is necessary?' Qibli asked Moon. "Can't we talk to the mastermind or something?" "No, first of all, I don't want the mastermind to try to experiment on her, and second she's the only dragon alive that would know if anything like this was heard of back then," Moon replied. "Well, sure, but if there is a scientific explanation...." But his trailed-off train of thought signified he wasn't sure if he believed that statement.

"So do I, but frankly, I trust Hope better than Mastermind because of what he did to Kinkajou and the other rainwings." She retorts. "Although I will give him credit for trying to help them the best he can," she said, giving him some respect. "Although I don't think there IS a scientific explanation."

The two stopped in front of a house and knocked on the wooden door. After a moment, Hope opened the door. "Ah, Moon and Qibli, my favorite night/sand couple," she said with a smile, stepping back to allow them to come inside. "Hey Hope, how have you been?" Qibli asked. "Been pretty well. How about you two?"

"We've been doing well. Spirit just started to tell corny jokes like Qibli here." Moon jokes, nudging Qibli. "Hey, they make you laugh, don't they?" He retorted with a friendly smile. Hope laughed,  "Good luck, Moon, There are only so many corny jokes a dragon can make before they turn to corn mush." she warned with a teasing tone. "What brings you two to my humble abode?" She asked.

"Well, Spirit has been in some odd situations, and we were wondering if there were some ancient prophecies or mentions of similar events that might explain it. I haven't had any vision in a long while, so I'm at a loss." Moon said. "And while they aren't deadly, yet we don't want them to get to that point." Qibli finished.

"Mmmm what makes you think I'll be helpful? I do have a lot of memories still of the prophecies, but it's been a while since those times." She pointed out. "Well, we think it's connected to some strange runes on her body," Qibli said. "They are very old and neither of us knows what they mean." That caught her attention, "Runes? Do they seem to be written in a different language?" she asked.

"Yeah, why?" Moon asked. Instead of answering, she asked. "What are these occurrences?" "She would suddenly get soaked with water, but there was nothing to cause it, she found winter berries in the rainforest and there was one time the ground went from solid to liquid like a mudslide. She was trapped up to the neck for almost an hour before we got her free." Qibli said. "Why? Do you know what is going on?"

"There was a prophecy. That, someone, would be gifted the power of the elements, but I thought that had long since passed..." she said, opening a drawer on the coffee table. "But it's the only one I wrote down because of what it entails and how it could be interpreted." She continues. "Let's see." she unrolled the scroll, quoting the prophecy.

Years from now though none may see
A powerful force will come to be
On a dragon's scales, they shall have
Strange runes of old on the young Dragon calve

These runes of old upon the dragonet
The dragon shall have powers of the elements yet
Many shall these as a threat
And all powers shall want her as an asset

Those who know of it will be wary
For that, they don't understand they find scary
If the dragon uses their power for good
The kingdoms will find them without falsehood

If they use their power for vile
Their home will turn black and fill with bile
If that happens only one can hope to crack
To end the wickedness with one swift attack

"Three moons," Qibli whispered. "Talk about multiple interpretations." "Which is why I wrote it down, that way I can theorize differently in my head while having an original copy around. Usually, just for curiosity's sake, I never gave it any real thought. I would be willing to look at the runes and try to help in any way." She said, "Alright, thank you. We would appreciate it if maybe we can all put our heads together and figure out how to stop these occurrences." Qibli said with a nod. "Although I'm worried about the part of ending her in a swift attack."