Chapter Seven

Now you may be wondering, where is Richard during all of this? Richard is a good dad. His entire life revolves around his daughter. Although, in order to keep his daughter safe, happy, and healthy, he has the work two jobs. He leaves every single morning at 4am then comes home at 10pm just to do it all over again the next day. This specific day he came home at the same time he usually does. He carried a bag of burgers into the house, dropping the bag and his keys down on the counter as he kicked off his shoes. "Robby! I got us burgers! I got three for each of us but you'll probably only eat one so I'll put the rest in the fridge for tomorrows lunch." He started pulling the wrapped burgers out of the bag, setting them down on the counter. Usually Robin would be running out of her room by now. Richard put the burgers down and headed towards the back room. "Robby?" He opened the door to Robin's room to find it empty. He frowned and turned, looking around for her. There was a small scribbled note sitting on the top of Robin's dresser.
Robin at Pretty Girl's house.
Richard took the note in his hands, slightly worried. He looked around the room. Robin's backpack was dumped out onto her bed, her books scattered around. He walked back out of her room, glancing around the living room. Richard's shoe squeaked, almost causing him to trip over the liquid below his shoe. He looked down to see a small smear of blood under the front of his shoe, causing a chill to shoot down his spine.
"I just think it's crazy that this is our life." Nancy said quietly. Her eyes were focused in on Robin's, watching her emotion, making sure she was okay.
"Yeah it's insane that last year we were fighting demogorgons and shit and this year my monster is my mom." Robin pitty laughed at her own joke. She cleared her throat and looked down at Nancy, whom was laying on her back on her bed. Robin took Nancy's face in her hand, imagining what Melissa could have done to her. She let out a deep exhale and leaned her back against Nancy's headboard. It was pretty crazy. The only thing they did last year was kill monsters and save Eddie. This year their lives are back to normal. One thing Robin didn't want was for her life to be back to normal. She needed change. "We should go on an adventure." Robin said as she took a strand of Nancy's hair in her finger, twisting it around.
"What?"
There was a list of rules involving this adventure Robin wanted to embark on.
1. Steve had to drive. There's no way she's getting behind the wheel if anyone else is driving because Nancy has already tried to kill them a couple times in the car and would get distracted way too often. This also meant that Steve would have to come on their adventure, and if Steve came then Eddie came too.
2. Absolutely no children. Robin thought it was impossible to stress it enough. If the children are present there is no fun, only issues.
3. There is no destination. It's a road trip and if they see something interesting they'll stop. Other than that, there is no speak of destination.
But first they had to recruit Steve to be their driver. Nancy pulled her car into Steve's driveway, parking it right by the front door. Robin quickly scurried out of the passenger side, tripping as she ran up to the door and banged repeatedly on the oak door. The door cracked open, Eddie's eyes peering through the crack. There was a bit of silence before Eddie spoke. "What do you need, Robin?" He grumbled, his voice giving away that he had just woken up.
"You and Steve have ten minutes to pack a bag and meet us outside." Robin declared before she turned and walked back over to Nancy's car where she sat on the hood. Robin hoisted herself up next to Nancy, taking a place next to her on the rusty car hood. It was almost a half hour later by the time Steve and Eddie came stumbling out of the house, bags in their arms.
It wasn't long before it was three in the morning on November 1st, the four young adults driving to an unknown destination. Robin and Nancy were in the back seat of Steve's car, their fingers linked together in the middle seat, keeping space between them. Eddie was in control of the music, playing his collection of tapes he had stuffed into Steve's glove compartment. Steve kept his eyes on the road, occasionally glancing over to Eddie. Steve broke the silence, "You guys don't have to act like you hate each other. We all know what's been going on," his voice shook Nancy, surprising her a bit. She knew that Steve knew. She also knew that there was no way in hell he didn't tell Eddie as soon as he found out. Nancy looked down at her hand, her fingers laying over the top of Robin's. She let a soft smile crack before turning her head to the window. The light poles lined the road, the dark of the car slightly illuminated every couple seconds by a splash of light.  Steve stuck a rolled paper in his lips, lighting the edge of it. He inhaled deeply before holding his breath for a second and passing it off to Eddie. The smell filled Robin's nostrils, waking her up from her dead sleep.
"Wow, Stevie. Eddie's really done a number on you." Robin said as she leaned forward, taking the joint out of Eddie's lips. She leaned back into the seat, inhaling just as Steve did. Nancy shot over a concerned look. Robin offered the joint to her but she shook her head in response.
"You know the kids call us 'The Fruity Four?' I mean I understand it a little because Eddie and I stopped hiding things a while ago, Robin is a walking advertisement for lesbians, but Nancy?" Steve gripped the wheel, the weed hitting his head. He laughed a little bit as he looked in the rear view.
"I don't know. I saw Nancy and thought she had to be a little bit fruity." Eddie said quietly as Robin handed up the joint. "No girl acts like that and remains straight." Eddie continued, ignoring Nancy's scoff. She tightened her hand around the edge of Steve's seat as she leaned forward.
"Acts like what?" She asked quietly.
"Oh Rob!" Eddie squealed with a giggle. He raised an eyebrow as he pulled his black curls into a pony tail. Nancy hit his shoulder then slumped back into the seat but Robin continued to stare at her. Her eyes were wide as a crimson color flooded her cheeks.
"Just for your information," Nancy started as she took the joint out of Eddie's fingers. She inhaled deeply, letting a small cough escape, then handed it back to him. "Robin would be screaming my name." She exhaled, smoke fluttering out of her lips. It was somewhat seductive for Robin. She pushed her hair out of her face and darted her eyes away from Nancy as the two boys laughed.
It was 5am before they decided to pull over at a motel. Steve had to practically drag Eddie out of the car while the two girls made their way to a room. Robin opened the door and walked inside, immediately plopping down onto the bed. Her bag slipped out of her fingers as she squeezed her eyes closed. Nancy fell down next to her as silence filled the room. "You know earlier when I said-" Nancy started to apologize but was interrupted by Robin's quiet voice.
"It was funny." Robin's eyes darted over. She turned on her side so she was facing Nancy. "But I seriously doubt..." Her eyes locked in on Nancy's. There was a small flutter in her stomach that had festered into her throat. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to ignore the feeling.
"Hey!" The door flew open. Steve stood in the doorway wearing a pair of black and white flannel pajama pants and white tank top. "Oh you're being gay." Steve made his way into the room and fell down on the bed in between the two girls.
"Steve!" A voice followed. The door opened again, Eddie entering the room this time. He wandered into the door, closing the door behind him.
"This is not the night for a sleepover guys." Robin groaned as she kept her eyes on Nancy, peering over Steve between them. She smiled, revealing the dimples on her cheeks. Eddie fell down onto the bed beside Nancy. "Guys I mean it." Robin repeated. Steve rolled his eyes then put his arms around Nancy's waist, rolling her over the top of him. She let out a yelp as they switched places so he was with Eddie and she was with Robin.
"Don't do that again!" Nancy snapped at him. The boys burst into laughter at Nancy's frustration. "I mean it, Steve." She pushed her hair out of her face and glanced over to Robin.
"What?" Robin whispered, raising her eyebrows at Nancy. She leaned down, her lips inches away from Robin's. Robin looked past Nancy, watching the boys bicker about something, their attention elsewhere. Robin's hand held the bottom of Nancy's chin, leaning in to kiss her. Their lips kept an inch apart. Robin could almost taste Nancy's lipgloss, slightly smudged from the late night. "How can we get them out of here?" She said into Nancy's lips, the tension between them could have been cut with a knife.
"Robin," Nancy said loud enough for the boys to hear, "do you happen to have a tampon?" She kept her eyes on Robin. They were so perfect and round, the blue sparkling behind her large pupils, curtained by her long black lashes. Robin pulled her eyes away from Nancy's, meeting Steve's.
"We should go." Steve whispered to Eddie. The two slid off the side of the bed and walked towards the door. Eddie left but Steve lingered for a moment. "That shit doesn't bother me." He smiled before he pulled another rolled joint out of his pocket. He stuck it in his teeth then exhaled a bit, tapping the door a bit as he left.
"How many joints does he have?" Robin whispered as she kept her eyes on the door, listening as the footsteps receded away from the door. She turned her head back to Nancy. Nancy held a finger up, placing it over Robin's lips.
"Just be quiet." She smiled as she pulled Robin on top of her, her hands squeezing her shoulders. There was no way in hell either of them thought things were going to go further than kissing although the feeling of their lips on the other, the panting between kisses. There was a brief moment where everything else was gone. There wasn't a single thought besides the other person. Robin's hand held the bottom of Nancy's thigh, pulling her leg against Robin's hip.
"I-I'm sorry... is this okay?" Robin whispered, her lips against Nancy's neck.
"Just shut up. It's fine." Nancy smiled as she lifted her leg around Robin's waist, resting it against her. She used her hand to move Robin's, placing it on her chest. Robin's face went red, her eyes closed, flustered. It almost felt like a dream. One of those dreams where you don't want to wake up but you know it's coming soon. The dreams where you're so deeply invested into the story, into the passion, into the love. The kind of dream where you know you're alarm is set and you're terrified that it's going to sound. Robin was terrified her alarm was going to sound and she was going to wake up from the passionate gorgeous dream of the girl she was with. She was terrified someone was going to happen and she was going to lose Nancy. She was going to lose Nancy just as she lost her mom. Something was going to happen to drag them apart. "Rob?" Nancy asked quietly, her voice wavering as she pushed the curtain of hair out of Robin's face. Robin's hand fell from Nancy's stomach. She had everything she wanted right in front of her. A gorgeous woman with every intention of being something with her. She had every intention of being with Robin but something still felt wrong. She scanned Nancy in front of her.
"You're amazing." Robin muttered as she sat up, leaning away from Nancy.
"Then kiss me." Nancy looped her finger around the collar of Robin's shirt, pulling her back. Robin held the side of her face protectively, kissing her softly. She moved her lips down to Nancy's cheek, then to her jaw, reaching the final destination of her neck. Robin couldn't begin to describe the beauty in her shoulders and collar bone. Nancy's hands fiddled with the buttons on her shirt, slowly pulling them out of their places.
"What are you doing?" Robin asked, refusing to pull her lips away from the crook in Nancy's neck.
"It's so much more fun to make out with our shirts off." She replied, her hands messing with the buttons. Nancy's shirt fell open leaving Robin dumbfounded. Nancy grabbed the bottom of Robin's shirt, lifting it above her head. Nancy kept her eyes on Robin's bra. A deep shade of navy blue, a small lace trim around the top.
"Nancy," Robin felt Nancy's chest against hers, her skin so soft against her hands.
"Can I touch you?" Nancy asked, shaking Robin a bit. She gulped and shook her head repeatedly, almost surprised that Nancy even asked. Nancy's fingers caressed her hip, the tips of her fingers sliding under the edge of Robin's pants. "You have no idea how much I want you." Nancy moaned under the feeling of Robin's lips on her neck. Robin smiled as she ran her fingers down Nancy's stomach, making her shiver a bit.
"It's more fun to wait." Robin moved her lips to Nancy's collarbone. Nancy sucked in her stomach, mesmerized by Robin's touch. Robin sat up and smiled, "I really like you." Robin grabbed her hips and pulled Nancy on top of her as she rolled onto her back. Nancy leaned over the top of Robin, her hands cupping the sides of Robin's face.
"I like you too." Nancy muttered into Robin's mouth, her body curving into the other girls. Sometimes she thought it was funny how she kissed one girl one time before and now she's completely and utterly infatuated with another. She never thought of herself with a woman, let alone her ex-boyfriend's best friend. She moved her hand away from Robin's face, sliding it along the cup of Robin's bra. "Jesus, Robin." Nancy shut her eyes as Robin's lips danced along her shoulders and neck. Nancy asked as she slid her fingers under the band of Robin's bra. She leaned into Robin, her stomach against Robin's. Robin smiled and slid her hand across Nancy's back, her hand bumping over her shoulder blades. "I-I need you." She whispered into Robin's ear. It took all her strength not to take off Robin's bra. Her fingers rested over the top of the clasp, eagerly wanting to undo it.
"I don't want our first time together to be in a motel room." Robin smiled, knowing it was hard to resist Nancy. Nancy sat up on Robin's legs, small beads of sweat hidden under her hands.
"Would it be your first time... ever?" Nancy ran her fingers down Robin's bare stomach. She loved the shape of Robin's body. It was thin but strong. She was in the marching band in high school so she had to be fit. She had the most gorgeous hip dips, almost like she was carved from marble like one of Michelangelo's creations. She belonged in a gallery.
"I-" Robin stuttered, her hands suddenly feeling clammy. "No." She lied, showing her lie on her face.
"It would be an honor." Nancy smiled as she leaned down and kissed Robin again. She let her lips linger in front of Robin's. Her cheeks turned a deep red as she watched Nancy slide off her lap and disappeared into the bathroom.
"Shit." She whispered to herself as she pushed her hair out of her face.
The car was quiet, nobody was awake enough to talk. Nancy watched as the trees passed by her window. Her eyes shut to take in the smell of the fallen leaves and cold air. "Nice hickey." Eddie muttered as he glanced back to the curly haired girl. Steve chuckled quietly in response to Eddie's comment. Nancy blinked a couple times then glanced in the rear view mirror to see a light purple mark on the side of her neck. She smiled then glanced over at a sleeping Robin next to her. She unbuckled her seat belt and scooted closer, lifting Robin's arm to lean under it. She draped Robin's arm over her shoulder and leaned into the taller girl, taking in the warmth. Robin's hand tightened around her shoulder, pulling her closer.
"Where are we going?" Steve asked the passenger. Eddie shrugged and leaned against the back of his seat.