Invitation and blackmailing

"Ichigoooo!" Rukia shouted while entering through Ichigo's window.

"What is it with you shinigamis entering someone's room through their windows" Ichigo said glaring, obviously annoyed.

"I came here to tell you that the captains, lieutenants, Urahara-san, Yoruichi-san and some seated officers are coming to the living world to celebrate Aizen's defeat" Rukia said ignoring Ichigo's glare.

"Why does it concern me?" Ichigo said. "I have more important things to do than attend your little shinigami party"

"Cause you are the one who defeated Aizen, duh" Rukia said.

"I am not coming no matter what" Ichigo said.

"Skip the party and I'll show the whole soul society your little strawberry boxers I found in your closet" Rukia muttered darkly.

"When and where is this party taking place?" Ichigo stood up from his bed immediately.

"Glad you see it my way. It will be on coming Saturday at the 'Poker Locker' karaoke bar at 6 pm" Rukia smirked. "Don't be late or I'll have no choice but to show your little ichigo boxers for entertainment~~~"

"Sir , yes sir" Ichigo saluted enthusiastically.

"By the way, invite Inoue, Ishida and Chad too" Rukia said."I'll be waiting for you~~~"

"Before you leave why is hats'n'clogs and yoruichi coming and WHEN THE HELL DID YOU FOUND MY BOXERS"

"For the first question, they are coming because head captain invited them and also they have something to announce. As for the second question, I've found it since I started sleeping in your closet. I've been keeping it to blackmail you" Rukia said.

"Keeping someone's boxers to blackmail them. That's sick Rukia" Ichigo said with his face red of anger and embarrassment.

"That's the way the cookies crumble" Rukia said as she turned to leave.

But before Rukia exited through the window, both of them shared one last look.

"This is my chance to find out what he/she thinks of me to" both of them thought.

~~~~Time skip to Saturday ~~~~

Ichigo, Orihime, Ishida and Chad approached the 'Poker Locker' while they thought silently about how the party will turn out or in case of Ichigo how to confess his undying love for Rukia.

Ichigo thoughts-"Ichigo, pull yourself together. You've saved countless lives and the world for god's sake. Why the hell are you afraid of confessing to Rukia. Oh yeah, I am afraid of Byakuya skinning me alive"*shudders*

Orihime's thoughts-"I should have brought for the shinigamis something to show my appreciation. I should have brought my special cooking recipes at home". Poor Orihime, she has no idea what her special recipes does to the stomachs of the shinigamis.

Ishida's thoughts-"I wonder if Kurosaki's gonna confess to Kuchiki-san. This party's gonna be interesting"

Chad's thoughts- "~~~~~~"

When they arrived at the bar, Rukia was waiting for them at the entrance.

"The others are waiting for you guys in the private room. Let's go" Rukia exclaimed.

When they stepped into the room, they were greeted by the music.

Apparently everyone was dancing on the dance floor, even head captain was on the dance floor. Now that's what I call a disturbing sight.

The normal calm and composed 4th division captain was dancing like a dance crazed lunatic with her boyfriend Captain Ukitake.

As to how those to got together, when captain unohana saw wonderweiss struck captain ukitake from behind, she rushed to his side to heal him but was too late. Fortunately after the battle was over, captain ukitake was brought back by Orihime.

A few days later as soon as captain ukitake regained conscious, captain unohana confessed and they had started dating since then.

Captain kyoraku as usual was trying to get a kiss from his sweet Nanao-chan.

Captain Soifon was also as usual admiring her Yourichi-sama.

Byakuya being his usual prideful Kuchiki self.

Kenpachi and Mayuri are brooding because they are not allowed to do what they usually do. Fighting and experimenting.

Yep it's just another usual crazy day for the shinigamis.

"So who's gonna hit the stage first" Ichigo asked.

"How about you first Ichigo" Rukia said sweetly, too sweetly for his liking.

Rukia got close to Ichigo and whispered "Go up the stage and sing or your reputation is in serious danger"

"Hai~~~hai~~~, off the stage everyone. This substitute shinigami is gonna rock this party." Ichigo said making a beeline for the stage.

"I knew these boxers would come in handy someday" Rukia thought mischievously.

~~~~~~finished~~~~~~~

Sorry if the first chapter was short.
Also sorry about not have many Ichigo x Rukia moments.
I promise there will be more in the coming chapters.
Plz comment on what you think about the story.

For those who don't know Ichigo means strawberry.

Next chapter - Substitute shinigami hits the stage