27

Claudel took charge of the housekeeping in this mansion that didn't have a hostess.

She was the maidservant of the former Duchess and was now the head maid here.

Lionel could be relieved of his duties because he had known her since childhood.

"I entrust you with the care of Madame Katana."

"Thank you, Master."

Lionel sat on the bed and stared at Madame Katana, who was breathing heavily.

She certainly had a pale and haggard face, but her condition seemed more stable than in the beginning.

"Let me know once she wakes up."

"I will."

Lionel stumbled slightly.

Rambaud, who was behind Lionel, asked.

"Are you all right?"

"Yes."

"Any side effects?"

"None."

"That's amazing."

Rambaud, whom he had not seen for several hours, seemed to have been quite busy.

Rambaud said to Lionel.

"I've looked into the Marquis Quill's dr*gs and poison. There were quite a few who died from abusing the Marquis Quill's dr*gs. Even if you are fine now, the Duke's body may suffer aftereffects."

"I don't think so."

Lionel looked fine, but Rambaud doubted his good health.

In fact, Rambaud paid even more attention because of the Marquis Quill's intention to harm Lionel.

Quill had sincerely hoped for Lionel's death.

"The Marquis of Quill was saying that he wanted to be Princess Marianne's fiance. Hundreds of people have heard him say it. Many heard that he wanted to deal with the Duke of Sentoren for good. The Marquis of Quill wouldn't have just botched this attempt on your life."

This was not the Marquis Quill's first kill. The Duke was lucky enough to not have died.

"I guess it's pretty amazing that I'm alive without problems, Rambaud."

"Think about it, Duke. What happened that night?"

"Quill was trying to kill me."

Lionel remembered the words the Marquis had told him that night.

Marquis Quill boasted that he had fed Lionel a huge amount of poison.

Although Lionel's mind was hazy, he still remembered those words clearly. Due to the excruciating pain, he thought that he might actually die.

If Madame Katana hadn't come, he might not be here.

She seemed to have healed his body.

'Was it an illusion?'

He had a hallucination of a strange red light that she released, that entered his body.

The moment that power was absorbed, his fever and racing pulse subsided.

It was then that Lionel realized he still had a chance to live.

'Don't tell me, Riv Katana possesses strange powers?'

Whether or not she had powers, it was obvious that Riv saved Lionel.

Lionel didn't want her to die.

"What do you think, Duke?"