44

An hour later, Lionel sent Michelle down to fetch Riv from her room.

When Riv arrived at Lionel's office, he was wearing a comfortable shirt and trousers, skimming through documents.

"Sir, I have brought you Madame."

Lionel lifted his head, revealing the scar on the left side of his face.

There was no expression on his face, so it was difficult to guess what Lionel was thinking.

"Sit, Duchess."

"Yes."

Lionel's eyes widened at the sight of Riv. Riv Sentoren was transformed from a neat bride in a wedding dress to a seductive woman.

A rich dress that exposed her shoulders and a tightened waist that revealed her curves. The bare skin on her exposed shoulders were exceptionally white.

Her waist was very slender but in contrast, her chest and hips had an alluring voluptuous look.

"Madame, you were decorated beautifully in such a short time."

"The maids did a great job."

Riv fiddled with a bunch of her curled hair.

Lionel ordered Michelle to leave.

Riv adjusted her silk emerald dress and sat down.

The off-shoulder dress Riv wore was barely revealing compared to the latest trends, but Lionel, staring at her bare shoulders and collarbone, looked displeased.

Lionel stared at the line of her collarbone down to her arm. Then his gaze was fixed on the curves of her chest, which rose roundly beneath her clothes.

"Hmm."

When Riv raised her head, Lionel turned away.

'Did I see it wrong?'

Did she mistakenly see Lionel staring tenaciously at her chest?

Riv pretended nothing was wrong and spoke to Lionel.

"What did you want to talk about, Lionel?"

Lionel had full control over their marriage.

Riv was ready to accept whatever he had to say.

Lionel pointed to the gold ring on Riv's finger.

"Originally, the Duchess of Sentoren was supposed to inherit an heirloom, a ruby ​​ring. But the ring disappeared, so she temporarily gave me her wedding ring."

"Ah, yes."

"Don't think this marriage is fake just because you didn't get the true ring."

Riv was in possession of the Duchess' lost ruby ​​ring. She returned from the future to the present with it.

Lionel later explained what she had to do as a Duchess.

"Riv, you will soon move to the Duchess' bedroom."

"Yes."

"I decided to postpone going back to the estate during the first six months of our marriage. Now that it's social season, you'll have to attend balls and necessary banquets with your husband, me. The same goes for the royal balls. It won't be a lot because I don't like parties."

"Yes."

"It's widely known that we are a normal couple, so even the royal family can't do anything against us."

"It means that you have to act well so that no gossip will spread in the social world."

"Okay."

Riv had no idea what she needed to do, but her own role made sense.