Chapter 1

◈❖◈

◈❖◈

Lisa was a girl who was beaten in Jungkook's stead until he turned fourteen, when he left to join the Holy Knights as if he were fleeing.

'If I said I was aroused by your tears, would you still call me noble?'

Years later, Jungkook, who had become a man, asked this. During the day, he was as cool and noble as a saint, but he held a vulgar lust hidden in the innermost recesses of his mind.

Staring at the thick snowflakes falling from above, Lisa thought to herself.

At that time, how did she reply to Jungkook?

◈❖◈

Lisa boarded the train that was headed for the imperial capital, where the Order of the Holy Knights of Albraca was located, and nervously looked around for her designated seat written on the ticket.

Unlike those who took the train like it was second nature for them, it was Lisa's first time riding the train and the first time she had ever left the Mogris mansion.

Everything was amazing, but she wasn't in the mindset to look around and observe everything one by one.

Lisa sat down and let out a sigh. A small luggage bag was her only companion.

She opened the newspaper she was holding in her hand. She had bought it earlier from a child who was busily running around the train station.

Lisa's green eyes anxiously scanned the words.

On the very front page, the large letters announcing the special news made her mind feel cluttered.

Her eyes widened at the news. Although the article excluded the subject matter, it was more shocking and sad than any other news to Lisa.

[Commander of the Albraca Knights 1st Division, Jeon Jungkook, is expected to face difficulties due to injury from suppressing monsters...]

This was the reason Lisa left Grand Duke Mogris's estate, where she had lived her entire life.

The injury of the Albraca Knight's 1st Division commander, Jeon Jungkook.

At the news she had heard last night, Lisa decided without delay to leave the mansion and head for the capital. It was because she realized how useless it was to wait for Jungkook to return.

"I've been waiting for seven years," she mumbled, chewing on her lips.

Her hands, which were so beautiful it was hard to believe they belonged to a servant, crumpled the newspaper.

Lisa had been saved by Jungkook's hand. In rescuing her, a commoner with no background to speak of, Jungkook's body was carved with a large scar that was not suitable for the heir of the Grand Duke.

Jungkook not only saved Lisa, a child who was less than ten years old at the time, but also created a job for her.

Jungkook's personal maid. That was Lisa's first job.