Chapter 7

◈❖◈

◈❖◈

The recent series of terrorist attacks were a big headache for the imperial capital.

The clock tower and drawbridges, as well as the alchemists' tower and research facilities that developed new weapons like the guns Helio showed earlier, had become agitated by the attacks.

The joint works of the temple, the imperial palace, and the alchemists' tower were victims of a series of bombings. The core, the energy source for maintaining the buildings, disappeared, and the buildings were blown up.

The restoration of the buildings could be done quickly, but the disappearance of the core was a problem. The core held enormous energy, and it wasn't a readily available object.

Lisa, who was sitting in the interrogation room listening to Helio's explanation, stammered and asked, "...You discovered a bunch of bombs on the train?"

"Yes. The train was set to explode if it had stopped normally at the train station. But since you stopped it, the train went straight to the waiting station instead and didn't explode."

A large number of explosives were found in a locker in the last cabin where all the passengers were gathered in the stopped train. The detonator was at the very train station where Lisa had a scuffle with Jungkook.

It was clear that since it was a busy train station where many people came and went, the bomb would have caused numerous casualties if it had exploded.

Lisa was aghast by the shocking news.

"On that day, there must have been a passenger who overheard our conversation. There's an article in the newspaper that states someone was trying to stop the train," Helio said, showing her the newspaper he had prepared beforehand.

Lisa felt like her head was going to explode with all the information.

She knew she wasn't a very lucky person, but to think her luck could be this bad!

As soon as she had left the Mogris Grand Duchy, she had almost died in a train accident and now, she was being falsely accused of being a terrorist.

"I-I've never carried out a terrorist attack before. It's also my first time in the capital."

"Miss, calm down and take a closer look at the article," Helio said, calming the shaking Lisa.

Although his words barely soothed her, Lisa forcibly gathered her mind and checked the article he was pointing at.

"Oh."

"You're not suspected of being a terrorist, it's actually the opposite. It seems they heard our conversation where you mentioned you knew the monsters were going to ambush us."

"This is..."

"I told them to hide in the train, but it seems someone snuck out and even took some pictures."