⋉one⋊

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐡
(𝐧.) 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

⪻⪼

𝚂𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎. He had calculated everything in the cab before he got there.

"Don't come near me, I-I'll shoot!" the man's voice sounded pitiful.

Sherlock took one step closer, "Lay the gun down, sir" he demanded.

The man hesitated, "No, I'm dangerous. Leave me alone! Please....". The detective shook his head.

Anger suddenly flashed through his sorrowful face. His hands shook as he pulled the trigger on Holmes.

"No!"

A girl ran forward, taking the bullet for him. The gunman ran into a dark alleyway.

"No, no, no, no. Why did you come? I had everything under control! What's your name, ma'am?" Sherlock checked her pulse.

"L-Lilith" she mumbled, holding her chest, where the bullet had hit her, "You don't deserve to die, you saved my mother. We're indebted to you".

The sirens sounded nearby, steadily growing louder. "The ambulance is coming, I need you to stay with me, alright? Lilith?" her pulse had stopped.

"Sherlock!" Lestrade came rushing towards him, "Who's that? Dear god, you're covered in blood! Are you alright?".

The detective nodded, still holding the girl's bloody corpse.

⪻⪼

"𝙸𝚝 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚞𝚕𝚝, 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎, 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞" consoled Mycroft, awkwardly patting his brother's back.

"Would you stop it. And I know it's not my fault. I just can't understand why a complete stranger would give up their own life for me. I don't like not understanding" Sherlock scoffed.

Molly raised her eyebrows, covering the girls face with a white blanket.

Mycroft withdrew his hand, straightening his suit and exiting the room.

"I need to go" Sherlock muttered, following suite.