⋉two⋊

𝐆𝐮𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢
(𝐧.) 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

⪻⪼

"𝚂𝚑𝚎-𝚂𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞? 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍" John informed the consulting detective.

"Back from the dead? Impossible" Sherlock remarked, scrolling through the laptop. John left.

"Apparently not, and she's here for you with a case" the doctor emerged again, now a black-haired girl with brown eyes following behind him.

"Mr. Holmes? I'm Lilith, and- Sorry, is something wrong? You seem shocked" the girl questioned, uncertainly.

"Y-Yes, I'm quite alright, now, er, what's your case? " Sherlock asked.

"Well, it's quite bizarre, really. I woke up yesterday night in a mortuary. The only thing I had on me was a name tag, 'Lilith'. I don't remember anything before that" she explained, seating herself in the wooden chair John had offered, "Will you help me, Mr. Holmes?"

Sherlock listened, open-mouthed.

He quickly snapped out of his trance, "It's a... peculiar case, I suppose I will". She beamed at him, "Thank you so much, Mr. Holmes!".

⪻⪼

"𝚂𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔! 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎?" Molly Hooper questioned, spotting Sherlock and John.

"We're here for a case" John smiled, beckoning Lilith in. Molly stopped dead in her tracks, staggering slightly.

"That's the girl who died last week!" she pointed at Lilith, fear etched across her face. Sherlock nodded gravely, "It's alright, Molly" he consoled.

"She's a dead woman walking, Sherlock, it's not alright!" she spoke, her voice hushed. "She doesn't know that she's supposed to be dead, she showed up at our doorstep with no clue of who she was" John declared, "Molly, we need you to fetch her records, everything we know of her".

The woman nodded, and rushed off into a room.

Two minutes later, Molly emerged, with a single paper in her hand.

"This was all I could find on her" she passed the paper to the detective.

His eyebrows furrowed, confused. "There's only her name, 'Lilith Bardot', and her mother's name, 'Elaine Bardot'. Nothing else" he remarked.

Holmes turned to Hooper, "Anything else?". She shook her head.

He hurried outside, punching in a number on his phone, "Mycroft?".

"She's not listed as a citizen of England, according to my brother. Are you a foreigner, by any chance?" Holmes came back, his mobile phone in his hand. Lilith shrugged, "Maybe, I don't really know".

"S-Sherlock? Come and have a look at this" Molly urged, showing him a file she had unearthed from an ancient-looking box covered in dust.

His eyes widened in shock. Curiously, Lilith glanced over his shoulder, standing on her toes.

__________________________________

24, 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢, 1998

𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 12: 𝙻𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚘𝚝

𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚛,
𝙸𝚖 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 12.

𝚄𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚐𝚘, 𝚍𝚞𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝.

𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 12, 𝚊.𝚔.𝚊 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝙸𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎, 𝚒𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙.

𝚂𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙰𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚎𝚜,
𝙳𝚛. 𝓖𝓻𝓮𝓰𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓼𝓸𝓷

__________________________________

Holmes stared at the paper, astonished and horrified. He looked over at the rest, who were all staring at Lilith. She, herself, looked terrified.

"I...I was an experiment" she muttered, looking down at her hands, her face chalk white.

Lilith felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up at the doctor, who smiled sadly at her.

"How?" Sherlock questioned, "How did you come back from the dead two times? No, John, it's not twins. It's never twins" he remarked as John opened his mouth.

The former military doctor scoffed.

"Wait, Sherlock, it says here that it was called 'Project Immortality', which could mean that they were trying to make Lilith immortal. So, maybe, that experiment actually worked in a way! Maybe everytime she dies, she'd come back!" Molly exclaimed, excitedly.

"Oh, my dear Molly, do you actually believe that? Everyone knows immortality is impossible, besides, even if that was true, wouldn't the scientists have found out? They are scientists after all" Sherlock sniggered.

The proud smile slowly vanished, only to be replaced by an embarrassed frown. Molly hurried off to hide behind a large cupboard.

John glared at his flatmate.