•Chapter- 23•

"Arvi! What is this? The ceremony has started and you haven't even gotten ready yet? The guests have arrived! Come on Aru! And girls? Have I not told you to make her get ready by 4:00?" Sakshi Maa came inside and huffed angrily whereas we all have...

"Arvi! What is this? The ceremony has started and you haven't even gotten ready yet? The guests have arrived! Come on Aru! And girls? Have I not told you to make her get ready by 4:00?" Sakshi Maa came inside and huffed angrily whereas we all have her sheepish smiles.

"We might have lost track of time leisurely getting ready and clicking selfies" Avi said nervously much to her dismay.

Today is the engagement and hence the rush. Two weeks passed by so quickly. This whole week has been a blur. As per progress in our mystery case. Rakesh has been eerily silent these past weeks. He was rather, calm and charming as he interacted with our family too in some get-togethers arranged. However, the security has been tightened so that's one thing we are less worried about.

And regarding getting to know about Navya Maa. We girls tried to subtly bring up the topic but it's either everyone loses track of time talking about her sweet memories or is too busy to talk due to the engagement preparations. So, we decided to talk to the elders after the engagement as we will have some time before the wedding. I still remember four days ago when we brought up Navya Maa's topic during lunch, everyone in the elders fell silent. Udit Uncle's whole body stiffened. Though it's been so many years, the pain is still fresh and it's a very sensitive topic. Though we all remember her during our family time, it's still a lot of pain. And I hate to think that when the elders get to know about the letter, all the pain will come back double.

The past two weeks have not only been hectic as we were extremely cautious of the enemy but also due to participating in the preparations. I have always thought why the huge fuss about weddings and their functions because I assumed it's easy once you make a list and just go buy stuff, tell people, arrange it, and boom! Done.

Except when it came to my own, I realized how important it is to plan properly and everything in a detailed manner. Especially if you have a groom who is not going to help you in the preparations because his lazy ass can't stand too much wedding fuss.

Girls and Boys out there? Make sure you whoop your partner's ass so they help you in the preparations. I repeat! It's a huge priority!!

Abheer was a huge pain in my ass the whole time because that idiot couldn't understand what to fix? Which menu or decor he likes, where he wants the event to be held, and what dress he would like to wear. I had to take care of all that for him and he was enjoying his time making fun of it.

We decided that we wanted a small ceremony with close friends and family. Our parents though disliked the idea, we consoled them saying they could decide the guest list for the wedding or reception.

The most important thing for Abheer and I was to do this with our family so we somehow convinced them. We opted for a simple theme in our garden and right now I need to hurry as everyone is waiting downstairs.

I chose a deep green lehenga with a shimmery dupatta for my dress. Avi applied some minimal makeup on my face and Sia put my hair in a messy yet elegant bun. Tara helped me pick out my jewelry which is a simple diamond necklace with earrings and bangles.