Le coup de foudre (love at first sight)

"She's mad, but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire".
Charles Bukowski

"I can't believe you, Satoru", my dearest, that day I had to listen to so many complaints just so I can see your eyes again

"I can't believe you, Satoru", my dearest, that day I had to listen to so many complaints just so I can see your eyes again. Suguru was very unhappy with my decision, "I had to wake up at 5 o'clock, just because you liked a girl?".

Climbing the heel from the palace to the long vineyards took my breath away. But I was ready to see you again. Before that that I never did any kind of physical work, but for you, my dearest y/n, I was ready to do anything.

"I thought we are ride or die, Suguru", I said in a joking way, but I don't think he found it very funny that day.

"I'm really rethinking the definition of 'ride or die' and best friend no matter what", Suguru stopped for a minute to take a break, "is it worth the sex tho? I don't think she's that attractive".

Oh, my dear, don't blame him for being blind for your beauty. Only a real estate can see and appreciate the unique beauty, that you own. The simplicity in your looks and the way, that you carry yourself. A basic eye like Suguru's could never appreciate a flower like you.

"She's worth getting my hands dirty", I smiled to myself, because I was speaking from the heart and not with my dick, but unfortunately I didn't understand it at the moment.

"You are a prince for God's sake! Just go out and you can find girls waaay prettier than a villager. She doesn't have the blue blood".

Suguru is my friend since I can remember myself. We have always been with each other and it continued through the years. But he was and still is so obsessed over 'the blue blood'. He would never go for a girl, that's not from a wealthy and royal family.

My dear, I don't care, if you're rich, poor or even homeless. I can give you the world. You just need to ask for it.

At exactly 6:00 am me and Suguru were there waiting for you. I was excited, I'm not going to lie to you, but Suguru wasn't. He made sure to make my life living hell, while we were waiting for you. It was all worth it.

You showed up with your grandma at 6:02 am, white t-shirt, old baggy pants and your hair was put in a messy bun. No make up, you were so natural and I loved it.

"Good morning", I greeted you first, because I was impatient to talk to you. Suguru next to me was too busy being grumpy to be polite.

"Good morning, your highness", you bow to me and said it like you were mocking me, I find it kinda funny now, "are you ready to make your hands dirty?", you threw a pair of gloves in my hands and smiled.

"What are we doing first?", I smiled back.

"First you're going to uproot the vines, that you destroyed yesterday and then you're going to plant a brand new ones", you explained and then your eyes travel to my body, "I'm afraid you are going to ruin your clothes".

I was dressed in black pants and a white shirt made of cotton. Belt with real gold on it and rings on my fingers. I purposely wanted to look good for you that day, but you didn't even noticed me back then, my dear.

"They are old clothes anyway", I lied.

"Okay then. Make sure after you plant the vines you need to tie them up. Otherwise they are going to break, when they start growing", you knew so much about vines, my love.

Your grandmother was kind enough to show us how to plant vines. It was harder than I thought it would be. I was tired, exhausted and I wanted a break on the first hour.

But as I was watching you and how effortlessly you work, I felt like I have to work even harder to get your attention. So that's what I did. I was covered in mud, my costume made clothes were ruined and I knew my father will be mad at me, when he sees me. But I didn't care.

"Ahh I can't anymore", Suguru whines and he threw himself on the ground, "I will never ever disrespect the villagers again!".

"Come on, Suguru. Stop acting like a kid and get to work", I said as I was digging with the hoe to put the other vines.

"Aren't you tired?", he looked at me hiding his eyes from the sun falling on them, "it's hot as hell, you're dirty and it's too much work".

"It's responsibility of ours to help our people and this is the best way".

The work was hard. But after both me and Suguru put our hands into it, we were ready with our work by noon. I was so proud of myself, even tho I was barely standing on my legs. But you, my love, you were cruel with me.

You came to check on us. You brought us two bottles of water and some sweets, that you brought from your home. They were delicious by the way, you have always been a good chef, my lady. But when you saw our work...all you did was laugh.

"It took you all day to do this simple task and you didn't even put the vines in one line", you took a careful look at them, "you created more work for me, than I imagined".

"I'll come tomorrow too to help you fix it", I was quick to volunteer and I smiled, "I wanna learn how to work hard".

"This guy lost his mind", Suguru mumbled to himself, but loud enough for me to hear it.

"Forget it, your highness", you bow to me for no reason, I think you were mocking me even more at that moment, "I just wanted you to learn you a lesson. I'm sure you have your royal tasks to take care of, you don't need to come again".

"I insist", I move closer to you, but I was too much of a pussy to take your hand at that day, my lady, "I love working".

"He really lost it, guys", Suguru put his hand on his forehead and shook his head slowly.

"Okay then", you put your hands on your beautiful hips and raise your eyebrow at me, "if you insist, I expect you tomorrow at 6 am".

"I'll be here on time".

You turned your back at us and left us with no more conversations. I felt so filled up with energy after talking to you. I felt like I can do the whole thing again and again. Life has always been more interesting with you.

"I ain't coming back tomorrow", Suguru made sure I know, that he isn't my ride or die.

"Do as you please", I said without even looking at him, I was too busy looking at us talking and smiling so lively at your grandma, "I will be coming everyday here from now on".

"You're a crazy man, Satoru Gojo".