Critical Acclaim

"You stand in front of me and bite the hand that feeds." - Avenged Sevenfold

*

Ancient texts have long since told the stories of divine beings with gifts and abilities beyond that of the average man. Beings that commanded the thunder, blessed the harvest, manipulated the seas, wreaked chaos, personified rage, and even picked the very lives lost in battle. These beings, some essentially human and others so much more, became known as the first gods of men. Deities that lived and loved and lied and fought and fucked and carved their names into the history books of the world.

Whether it was out of fear or admiration can still be debated, but man recognized these deities as beings worthy of worship. Entire cultures and races of people devoted their lives to their gods, some willing to go as far as to spill the blood of others just to gain favor. The more time and energy man devoted to these beings, the stronger and often more generous they became. Abilities were gifted and granted, gods laid with mortals, and exceptional children were born.

But as the world changed, so did men and soon faded their love of the Old Gods. With the birth of Christianity, Islam, Atheism and other concepts, the deities of the past and their gifts bestowed faded into history, nothing more than legends to be told.

Until one day in Keikei City, China, when a bioluminescent baby was born, and exceptional individuals began popping up all across the world once more.