The realization

The next night after dinner, discord, fluttershy, turmoil, and cluttertray all crowded into the foal's bedroom and sat down, turmoil and clutter on their beds, discord resting curled around his daughter and fluttershy sitting on a pillow next to turmoil's bed. "Why is this girl describing HOW THEIR SITTING?!?!" 'Sooo, what happened after you left uncle zephyr?' a wide-eyed cluttertray asked in anticipation.

'NOOOOOO!!!' turmoil monad 'please just don- 'cluttertray had snatched her brother's mouth yet again "really, AGAIN!?!" but discord had given it back this time "at least he did it this time"

'I really thought that you wanted to hear that story clutters, but if you'd rather dual Ur brother then fine,' discord said smugly while getting a book from mid-air, opening it at a bookmark skimming the first page and closing it again.

'n-no-no I'm good! Just tell the story 'Cluttertray rushed ready to listen. Turmoil just rolled his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy flew straight to her cottage, she had already prepped her usual tea party supplies at her house, she just needs to set everything up. By the time she got back, though, discord was already there. 'Oh, hi discord! I still need to go get everything ready for our tea party, you can come inside with me while I get ready though' fluttershy happily squeaked.

'Hello fluttershy!!' discord said in a cheer full tone 'I can help you' a warm, bright red blush faded in and out of fluttershy's cheeks.

'y-yah... definitely!' fluttershy stuttered as they went inside.

'So, how was your brother?' discord asked as he snapped the tea set in position.

'Er- good, definitely better than last time I saw him.' Fluttershy responded while getting the tea and cookies.

'Does he still think rainbow has a crush on him? She asked if I could use my chaos magic to help her play sick so she didn't have to go with you'

'Unfortunately, yes...' fluttershy answerd slightly burned out. They sat down at the table as fluttershy caught discord up about her brother and they started to talk about the usual stuff, the animal sanctuary, the school, whatever discord is up to (usually not much he can tell though). "what on ear- I mean- in eqestria does that mean!?!" 'so Ur telling me you haven't been up to anything?' fluttershy repeated sceptically.

'er- yes' discord lied with sweat running down his face knowing all too well nopony can know about him pretending to be grogar and plotting with the villans. "oooohhhh!! Now I get it"

'You, discord? The creature who is currently dressing me up in a cop costume, changing the light effect, and putting himself in handcuffs like he's being interrogated, not doing ANYTHING??' fluttershy interrogated raising her eyebrow. She obviously got used to discords antics ages ago and is no longer surprised with any of this. "that sounds about right ig"

'er- um-... yes...?' discord answered fluttershy as best he could. the lights brightness harshened.

'I see what's happening' fluttershy smirked.

'you do!?!' discord exclaimed.

'yes...' fluttershy answered smugly 'you... spike, and big mac have been spending time together'

'WHA- I mean- ye- umm' discord stuttered in pure dis-belief; he knew he needed an alibi but not that. "I mean- that is my BRO.T. P soo"

'I'm happy you are finally making other friends, discord' fluttershy told discord.

'Yeah, you- you caught me.. red pawed, red clawed... heh heh' discord showed his paws and claws out to show them a bright red.

'Oh! I almost forgot, some creature in the everfree forest checked in the animal cautionary the other day, he got into the poison joke and zakora can't make more cure since one of the flowers in it won't bloom until next month.' Fluttershy commented 'I was hoping you could maybe bloom one early?'.

'Oh, of course!' Discord answered in complete delight 'anything for you Fluttershy!' he hasn't had a lot of time to talk to or even spend time with Fluttershy. They'd each cancelled on their tea parties for ages, "yah, I don't think that would EVER happen in discord's immortal life or Fluttershy's short in comparison pony life for that matter" the only reason they were able to is because it's summer break, Fluttershy's sanctuary isn't as busy as usual + she got her chores done early because she had to see her brother and discord managed to convince villains he was working on the plan. "Oh yah, season 9, almost forgot already" so even if the only way to spend time as friends is for one and another is to grow some flower a season early than so be it.

Later that night Fluttershy was lying in bed exhausted. Usually she'd be thinking about the next day and all the things she'd have to agonise for that day. This time, however, she was thinking about today. The poor critter that got infected by poison oak and now looks like a troll who hasn't done self-care since birth, her brother and his apartment, his job, discord at the tea party as well as him finally making friends with Spike and Big mack. She started to gradually started to focus on discord specifically, how good of a friend he is, how kind he's been, how much he cares about her. Just then, Fluttershy noticed how her face was burning as if she fell into a fire pit, she immediately got up and rushed to her mirror in the bedroom as she turned on a light she saw her entire face, ears and all are tomato red. Fluttershy (rainbow) dashed to the bathroom "oh, was that a joke, was it?" and started to splash the cool water running from the faucet to try to calm down the swelling that was happening around her face. Yet somehow when she looked up at her bathroom mirror to see no evidence at all that she was even slightly red. She tried her best to figure out what had happened yet as soon as she thought of discord the same red colours as before yet less intense, only a bit of colour on her face as well as ears. This as well as a feeling in the stomach (not a sick feeling, a nauseous-exited feeling) gave her a clue of what was going on. This had been a feeling she knew a few times before

------------------------------------------------------------------------'Oh really?' cluttertray interrupted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------although it had been ages since the last time being when she was 16 last time although the feeling is quite clear..