Chapter 16

Qinghe Nie Corporation Nie Mingjue's office

Nie Mingjue couldn't believe it.

No seriously he really couldn't believe it.

He never imagined in all his life that there would ever come a day when he would be waiting in his office for the arrival of the Shao family along with one of his most hated business rivals and the son of the damn Wen dog Wen Ruohan.

Dealing with the Wen bodyguard was far easier than this. Wen Zhuliu, he can tolerate it to a certain extent if he thinks about the boy. After all, for what it was worth the man was his biological uncle and they do owe him somewhat for being able to track down the boy's real family. Also, there was no denying that the man was also pitiable in a way.

Nie Mingjue can't imagine what it must have been like for the man to not only lose his parents but also his sister in one go. If the same thing had happened with him and Huaisang no doubt he would have gone insane already. In that sense, he does admire the man for having the courage to bring himself back up and rebuild his life from scratch. Only he chose the wrong people to trust and follow.

Wen Ruohan aside he still can't understand how the man managed to tolerate dating the hysterical bitch for as long as he did. They were high school sweethearts and dated all the way up until Yu Ziyuan entered University. For three long years, the man endured being the bitch's boyfriend. It wasn't even a good relationship according to what he heard from his younger brother. The woman all but used him as a trophy husband of sorts before throwing him away like a piece of trash despite all the devotion and care he had poured into her all those years.

Well, he can definitely say for certain that Wen Ruohan is no longer ranked number one in his list of awful horrendous villainous scums he has met thus far.

Yu Ziyuan and Jiang Fengmian won that place by a landslide together at that.

His head still boils whenever he thinks about how Jiang Fengmian deliberately allowed his wife to abuse the poor kid all those years even actively encouraging it. Just because he suspected the child wasn't his, it was no excuse for the way he treated him until now. Not only that, that said child was an innocent child who has brutally ripped away from his loving family who could have given him all the happiness in the world growing up instead of rotting under their feet.

Nie Mingjue holds up his phone with the picture of the Shao couple and the rest of the family on it.

If he had any doubts about the couple being Li Gou's real parents then they disappeared the moment he laid eyes on the Shao Senior. Like literally they were two peas in a pod! Aside from a few wrinkles, he was sporting and his prosthetic arm he was an exact replica of his son except more older and mature as well as very fit. He seemed like a nice man who was extremely overprotective of his wife and family. He had the same blunt and sharp tongue that the Jiang Heir had once possessed.

Wen Zhuliu's sister was just as much an astounding beauty as her husband. She had a soft and gentle appearance with a serene smile on her face that greatly reminded him of Li Gou's own smiles as a young child. Madam Shao was an avid animal lover just like her brother and son. She especially adored fluffy animals as Nie Mingjue could clearly tell from the big white fluffy dog sitting next to the couple. She also had a sassy and high strong personality taking orders from no one.

Oh yeah, he almost dropped his phone when he saw the Wei Wuxian look alike. He thought one gremlin was worse enough now there were two! The Shao couple assured them he was nothing like his smaller doppelganger counterpart. Actually, he was more on the grouchy side. He was a classic pessimistic introvert who had little to no tolerance for idiots. If anything he would have them all drowning at the bottom of the ocean by now for always getting in the fucking way of his research!