...𝐅𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲...

.

.

.

.

Our main character put his backpack on and held out his hand to his little sister who had her small bag on too.

His bigger bag wrapped around his shoulder as his other hand grabbed his suitcase handle.
Lily took his hand smiling and the two go down the stairs to find themself in front of the front door.

In the dining room, all the other sisters were comforting the mother on the ground, who still too shocked to move, while the father rubbing an ice pack on her swollen cheek.
They didn't notice the two who were about to leave the house once and for all.

" Do you want to say goodbye ?" Lincoln whispered as he stare at them with a burning death glare. Lily looked at them blankly then squeeze his hand as she looked up at him.

Lincoln turned to her and she shake her head with an uncomfortable expression on her face.

" Me neither. They're not worth it.." He furrowed his eyebrows and opened the door as silently as possible.

Lily glanced at them one last time and did not hesitate to cross the frame, leaving the house completely. Lincoln walked through, thankfully the rain was loud enough to cover the sound of the rolling wheels of the suitcase.

Thunder shook the house just as Lincoln slam the door shut behind him.

None of the remaining family members heard the front door closing.

The atmosphere was quite dark and the rain was raging on the ground. Lincoln opened the big red umbrella he 'borrowed' from the house and opened it.

He hold it above them and walked off the porch with Lily following beside him.

The siblings leaves the bus stop to enter the empty vehicle who stopped before them. Lincoln helped Lily get in and sit one of the seats.

" To Sweet Blue's GoldenLeaf Street, please." The driver nodded his head and started the bus.

Lincoln put the suitcase on the seat beside him and bring his sister on his lap who lean on his chest. He lean his chin on her head and looked at the rain outside through the tinted glass.

Many cars drove by them as he got lost in his thoughts. Lily hold on his shirt and looked at the glass too but was just staring at her reflection who was looking back straight in the eye.

She had trouble believing that she was with her only brother who planned to run away from their neglecting house, and was in a bus going to their final destination.

To their new home with someone that he seems to know and planned to move in with them from a while.

She thought he could be at least guilty or sad to leave but was just met by that cold stare with a frown whenever she mentions them.
He must have really had enough of being between these four walls and being used unfairly all the time to think of moving out without being noticed.