ONE

ONE

"Hola, si, esa es mi pizza favorita."

Almara Cabrera smiled as she snatched the pizza box out of her best friends hands, as soon as he had stepped in to her apartment in Buenos Aires, in Argentina.

She hadn't even known what pizza was inside of the pizza box, however, her stomach had been rumbling all day, and she really couldn't be bothered to cook any food, or order any herself.

So, she had contacted her best friend, since she had known that he was in the country and nearby to her apartment, and asked him to bring some food.

That she was supposed to share.

Carlos Sainz stood dumbfounded as his best friend had snatched the pizza that he had bought for the both of them to share, and began eating it all by herself.

His dark brown eyes rolled at her as he closed the door behind him and made his way to her kitchen to make himself some food since she had stolen the whole extra large pizza.

She hadn't even bothered to check which one he had gotten for them, so it was a good job that he had chosen her favorite one.

"No, 'hey Carlos, how are you doing? Thank you for bringing food for me because I'm too lazy to cook or order some myself.'" Carlos mocked his best friend in a high pitched voice as he made himself some food in her kitchen.

"Stop complaining! I can hear you from in here!"

Almara shouted from the sofa, since she could hear her best friend mocking her in a high pitched voice that definitely wasn't her tone of voice.

"You took the food that we were supposed to be sharing! I'm having to make some myself!" Carlos shouted to his best friend in the other room.

"I don't care! I'm hungry and I don't share food!" Almara yelled back, trying to hide her smile as she could hear the Spanish man cursing and muttering underneath his breath.

Carlos soon returned to the sofa, with a bowl in his hand, and an unimpressed glare.

"What food did you make?" Almara questioned as she ate the pizza, a gleeful smile on her face.

"Cereal. It's all you had." Carlos mumbled in annoyance.

He glared at her mocking smile, and her teasing behavior as she slowly ate the food whilst stating at him.

"This pizza tastes so good!" Almara teased, a smirk on her lips.

"Yeah I know! That's why I got it for us in the first place, to share!" Carlos began to raise his voice, before his composure broke.

Almara noticed how her best friend started to laugh, shaking his head as his hair fell in to his eyes.

"How's Mclaren?"

Carlos' head snapped up to his best friend, his mouth full with cereal.

"I can't hear you." Almara giggled as Carlos responded to her with his mouth full of Cereal.

"I said, Mclaren is good, I can't wait to race more and hopefully get some good points." Carlos responded as soon as he had swallowed his Cereal, seeing her smile signalling that she had deliberately asked him the question whilst he had his mouth full.

"You? Get points? Oh please, I've seen how you drive a normal car, I'll be surprised if you don't crash during every single race." Almara shook her head as she closed the pizza box.

"I haven't crashed that many times!" Carlos gasped dramatically.

"Well, I know that you've totalled at least seven cars, including mine." Almara raised an eyebrow as she handed him the closed pizza box.

"You saved me some of the pizza?" Carlos raised an eyebrow himself, at his best friend as he saw her nod her head.

"Of course. I'm a nice person."

Carlos placed his bowl of cereal down on to the table in front of him, before opening the box of pizza, not even noticing that his best friend had picked up the bowl of cereal and began eating what was left of it.

"You've literally left me half a slice!" Carlos slammed the pizza box down on to the ground as he heard her loud laughter.

"You've taken my cereal too!"

____________________________________________________

"Okay, so you can't tell anyone that you're my best friend who doesn't own a Mclaren."

Carlos Sainz warned his best friend as she walked through the paddock, walking beside him.

She had never been to a race of his before, since she was always never able to actually get flights from Buenos Aires, but thanks to the Spanish Formula One driver, she was able to join him for a few of his races and support him.

"Well, I don't mind at all about owning a Mclaren, but you will have to tell your team principal that he will have to buy me one for me to have one. And I want it to be neon green, it's my favorite color."

Almara Cabrera smiled in awe as she took in her surroundings as she entered the paddock as a guest of Mclaren, as she was wearing a light grey pair of sweatpants and a crop top.

Carlos had wanted her to wear Mclaren merchandise, but the Argentine had refused, since she had wanted to wear clothes that she was comfortable in.

If his team principal was annoyed by the fact that she was not wearing any Mclaren merchandise, then she would just go to Ferrari, since she owned one of their cars.

"Hi! Are you the best friend of Carlos?" A high pitched voice sounded from beside her, as she turned her body to see a brown haired English boy waving at her.

"No, I'm his mother."

Carlos completely spat out his drink of water as the words that were filled with sarcasm left her lips, with the water spraying all over the boy in front of the pair of them.

"MATE!"

"I'm so sorry, Lando!" Carlos apologised to his team mate, Lando Norris who had to wipe the water from out of his eyes and off his face.

"Sorry, my son doesn't know how to keep his water down yet. He's still being bottle fed." Almara responded, her voice calm, making it almost believable.

"This is Almara, she's my best friend." Carlos coughed as he spat out his water once more.

What had he been thinking?

This was going to be a nightmare!

____________________________________________________

A/N

Introduction chapter!

Esteban hasn't been introduced yet, but it will happen soon!

Enjoy!

-RUBY