FOUR

FOUR

"Oh my God."

Carlos Sainz mentally facepalmed as he noticed his best friend walking in to the Mclaren garage whilst dressed in Red Bull and AlphaTauri merchandise.

"How great do I look, Carlitos?"

Almara Cabrera grinned in satisfaction as she noticed the American boss of Mclaren glaring at her whilst she was walking to her best friend.

Carlos released a snort as she waved smugly at his boss.

"You look like a woman on a mission." Carlos laughed at his best friend, seeing her shoot him a playful wink.

"Oh I am. If I can't get a car from Mclaren, then I'm getting you to Ferrari." Almara chuckled as she noticed how he rolled his eyes at her, causing her to lift one of his hands up to ruffle his dark brown locks.

"I can buy you a car, but you won't get one from Mclaren." Carlos laughed, shaking his head from side to side.

"Then they will lose their best driver." The Cabrera woman smirked, knowing that she would do anything to get him to Ferrari.

"I'm the best driver."

Lando Norris grinned cheekily as he walked up to the two of them, though he raised both of his eyebrows since he was expecting a very different reaction from the Argentine woman.

"Eh, keep dreaming kid." Almara shook her hand dismissively, before pointing to the Spanish man that she had the pleasure of calling her best friend. "You are the star, Carly."

"You don't know anything about cars though." Lando frowned, feeling a little bit hurt from how easily she had dismissed him.

Carlos gulped thickly as he heard the words that left his team mates lips, quickly deciding to speak up before she did.

"Uh, actually you'd be surprised by how much she knows about cars. My dad always likes rallies and test driving with her because of it." The Sainz man informed the young British boy, seeing him shoot his head in her direction to stare at her.

"Really?"

Lando gasped, a grin lighting up his face since he knew that not many people were allowed in the car with Carlos' father when he was testing cars and rally tracks.

"Yep." Almara nodded her head up and down a couple of times. "You'd be even more surprised to know that I have participated in rally driving myself a few times. Never got a position lower than fifth."

"Have you ever won?"

"Once or twice."

"I find out more about you, every day." Esteban Ocon smiled as he had arrived to talk to the Cabrera woman, his eyes lighting up as he noticed the merchandise that she was wearing.

"Blame Carlos Sainz Sr for that." She laughed, glancing out of the corner of her eye to see her best friend nodding his head up and down.

Carlos' father, also called Carlos, had always treated her as if she was his own daughter, ever since he had first met her, since his son had mentioned how her parents had abandoned her when she was a young teenager.

His son and the Cabrera woman had always been like siblings anyway, so it seemed fitting.

"I will." Esteban smiled, the smallest of blushes coating his cheeks as she looked up at him, a friendly smile on his face.

He could just about, out of the corner of his eye, see that of Lando Norris watching him very closely.

"Do you want to join me for a coffee?" Esteban questioned the Argentine woman, seeing her think about it for a mere couple of seconds.