Part 4

After signing a couple of things for Sarina and collecting my kit, yes my actual official England warm up kit, Alex gave me a room key and directed me to the rooms. Yet he still refuses to tell me who I am roommates with, he said he would rather experience my reaction in full, whatever that means.

I wander the hallways of the rooms trying to find my own, hearing voices coming from different doors. As I approached my door number, the nerves started to kick in. I mean what am I doing here? I don't even have any training. I haven't watched any of new lioness matches. What if I don't know anyone? My mind started to spiral. As soon as I heard a door open a couple of rooms down, I snapped out of my daydream and run into my room, not wanting to crash into anyone yet. I couldn't meet anyone right now, I haven't even prepared myself.

Luckily for me my room was also empty, which meant I have time to compose myself before whoever I'm rooming with shows up. Breathe. I settle my bags down at the furthest bed as I can already see closest bed has a suitcase on. I'm assuming they've already arrived, god knows where they are now.

I settle down on my bed and try calm myself. I close my eyes and lay back, trying my best to stay out of my own mind. Any normal person would be excited about this opportunity, me however, I'm shitting it. I wasn't aware of how tired I was until I found myself drifting off into a deep sleep.

"Rookies tired and she hasn't even had her first day yet" I heard an unfamiliar voice, yet I still choose to keep my eyes closed.

"Haha yeah, gosh she looks so young, I don't think I've seen her around before." Another voice called out, dang how many people are in here.

"She looks scrawny as well, you sure Alex picked up the right kid" another voice bursts out laughing. I've had enough of this criticism, I slowly open my eyes and turn to my back. Suddenly I am surrounded by people.

"Umm hi?" My tired dry mouth tried to say. 

"Sleeping on the job already" someone called out again, I blinked my eyes to adjust to the light better, so I could put faces to the different voices.

"Yeah ummm sorry, I uh, I was just laying down and I must've nodded off, and next thing..." before I could carry on I was cut off,

"If you're tied this early you won't last the rest of camp kid, may as well go home." Now this person I recognised. Leah Williamson, like THE Leah Williamson. Before I could regain myself again she walked straight out the door. Oh no. I've already screwed up.

"Come on Leah give the kid a chance, you never know!" A different voice called, as soon as I looked up to meet the owner of it, another realisation hit. Jordan nobbs. How am I not fainting right now. But once again before I can regain myself she has already left. Not long after someone else called out,

"Hey no fair don't leave me with the rookie" Beth mead. An idol in women's football, standing over my bed. She quickly followed suit after and left with the other two. I'm sat with my mouth gawping staring at the door. I didn't realise the last person in the room until she laughed.

"Sorry about them three, the arsenal lot can be, well let's just say a lot." I turn and meet the voice. "Hey kiddo." As I lay eyes on the face of the one and only Ellen white I am starstruck. "So you don't speak, awesome, dinners in a couple of minutes downstairs, so I would get ready if I was you." She said quickly before grabbing her phone of the bed and hobbling out the door with crutches. I guess that's the player I'm replacing. I mean I wouldn't say replacing, Ellen white is irreplaceable. I would never be able to live up to those standards. Suddenly I'm snapped back out my thoughts again when the door slams shut.

I scramble up to my feet, once again finding myself trying to calm down, focus, recompose. I grab a couple things, like the room key, my phone etc. before making my way to the door. Before I could reach it, literally seconds away from touching the handle, there was a knock making me jump backwards on to the floor.