Part 20

Hey yo- told you I had an idea I ain't giving up just yet ;)

Millie's POV:

Whilst sat in McDonald's, Rach is giving me the side eye, I know what she wants me to say but how can I interrupt Lias first meal out of the hospital. And her eating has improved so much, I don't want her to stop. But I know this is a conversation that needs to happen.

"So, Lia, what's next?" I ask unsure. She shifts slightly, putting down her half eaten nugget.

"What do you mean?" She asks nervously.

"I mean, do you have any plans?" I ask, also nervous and she can sense it.

"Well Sarina has invited me back to camp next month, obviously I will be taking it easy and continuing physio but I don't know." She looks down answering the question. Rach clears her throat as if to say get in with it already.

"Well... maybe... if you want to... I was thinking you could live with me?" I ask way too nervous now. This isn't me at all. Lia's head shot up. A slight smile at either end of her lips.

"Or if you don't wanna put up with her I'm always available?" Rach jumps in, thank god. This makes Lia laugh, which eases me up a bit.

"Guys you don't have to, you have already done so much for me..." before I could let her continue I interrupt her,

"I will do whatever it takes, please stay with me. I already have a spare room that needs filled" I'm practically begging her at this point.

"I'm going to pay you guys back you know, for everything." Lia smiles still leaving my question open.

"You already have paid us back. By staying alive Lia." Rach explains as she reaches out for her hand. Lia smiles.

"So?" I question her one more time.

"Sure. Someone's gotta teach you how to be a proper defender after all right?" Lia jokes nervously, and I feel a wave of relief wash over me as I chuckle,

"Your ego is too big kiddo" I joke back. We go on finishing our meals, and joking about.

Julia's POV:

The ride over to Millie's house was so nerve wracking. I didn't know what to say or do. It felt like getting adopted all over again. But this felt right. Just like it did with Helen and David. Rach tagged along with us, but she has to leave back to her club tomorrow, which is understandable. She has already missed so much training and I don't want her missing any more.

"Hey kiddo we are 10 mins away" I say as a heads up. I smile and the car goes back to silence. Nothing but the radio playing. I've never been to London before, I've moved around a lot yes, but always the outskirts of London never inside. This is going to be a new and hopefully a better experience for me.

As we pull up to the house, I feel lost. Usually I have a bin bag full of my items when moving from home to home but this time I got nothing. I didn't want to step foot in that house again to collect anything. Plus all my belongings were gone, Charlotte got rid of them as soon as I moved in. Even the one thing I left from my birth parents. My baby blanket. I know it shouldn't mean much, because they abandoned me first, but it made me feel like I had an origin. I slept with it every night, up until Charlotte and Andrew burnt it in-front of my eyes, screaming at me to grow the fuck up as I cried. But alas. Here I am. Starting over. With nothing at hand.

"Hey kiddo, ready to come inside?" Mills asks looking slightly concerned. I was caught up in my thoughts and stared blankly at the house for 2 minutes of course she is concerned.

"Yeah" I say trying to stay positive. Rach and Mills are the first to get out the car and I follow behind. Upon observation, the house is much better than what I was living in. It was in a nice area, an area which you won't be scared to walk alone at night. In a way I kind of felt like I was back in the Lake District with Helen and David. As I approached the house Millie already opened the door and walked inside, Rach too. I stepped into what was going to be my home for a while.