13

Youngjo ran. He didn't know how much longer he had until her flight was taking off. He had only found out about Danbi leaving the country this morning. She hadn't told him, her mother did eventually. The Prince didn't even have time to be hurt by her closure, he had immediately driven off to the airport.

This had been what Danbi didn't dare to tell him on his wedding day. It was spontaneous, yet clearly thought through. The female had planned to go abroad for an unknown amount of time, trying to get some distance from her roots. Was she even planning on coming back? But more importantly, she needed distance from Youngjo and Minnie. Not wanting to hear from the couple, Danbi packed her bags.

However, she was aware that the Royal Family's news would travel with her around the globe. It wasn't safe anywhere. Yet, she wanted to find peace.

Leaving her house after saying goodbye to her mother, who she felt most sorry for since she was going to be on her own for some time now that her father had passed. She called a taxi and drove to the airport. Arriving there, everything happened way too fast. Giving up her suitcase, now only left with her hand luggage, she didn't even have to wait much longer until her plane was announced after going through security.

It was going to be a six-hour flight, nothing Danbi wasn't used to from vacation with her parents when she was little. Nevertheless, this time it felt different. She was on her own, leaving behind her family, her home and... Youngjo. No, she shouldn't think about him now. He didn't even know she was leaving and he would probably not notice until she'd be back. He hadn't even dared to text her.

It felt off. Plenty of pressure would be taken from the female, yet the pressure she had decided to leave for became heavier. Danbi had to decide what would be better for her; staying and watching Youngjo and Minnie be praised by the whole country while she would try to live a new, different life or leave and cut ties with her ex-lover.

She had chosen the latter one. It felt wrong.

Youngjo stormed into the huge airport. Hundreds of people were hurrying through the building. His security guard tried to keep up with the young Prince, but couldn't. Youngjo's eyes had scanned the destination board and made a run for it. His lungs were burning when he sprinted through the halls, almost knocking over several passengers with their luggage.

Then, he was held back by security. The strict woman didn't let him through and he wasn't able to speak due to the lack of oxygen. His saviour was the security man next to the woman, he whispered something into her ear. The woman's eyes got big, she bowed and let him pass. Youngjo didn't even care about the gesture.

He just ran. Had to see her, now. Needed to talk to her. Couldn't be too late.

Eventually, he stopped. His heart sank. There wasn't a single passenger left in the waiting area. Looking out the window, a new plane was approaching. The plane which Danbi was supposed to be on had left already.

She was gone.

Little did he know that his love had changed her mind, turning around and leaving the terminal before he had gotten there.

She wasn't going anywhere.