16

Coronation day had come. The funeral had been held on national TV just some days before. Danbi put on a fancy dark red dress Youngjo had brought her, especially for his coronation. He knew exactly what kind of dress, what kind of accessories she liked, so he had brought a pair of pearl earrings with the dress.

On the day of the coronation, Danbi hadn't been able to see him just once before he was about to be crowned. The public still didn't know about Youngjo's proposal nor that they were officially together now and no longer just a huge media eye-catcher.

Danbi was staying in the background during the whole coronation. While Youngjo was being crowned by a priest at the front of the huge church, she was sitting in the fourth row, behind the other Royals.

Staff had put a heavy golden robe around Youngjo's shoulders while he was silently standing in front of his nation. It sent shivers down her spine. The bejewelled crown was brought in on a red pillow by an important-looking male. Looking like a film scene, another man with white gloves came forward to welcome the crown.

Youngjo had sat down on a lonely throne. He hadn't said a word. A golden sceptre had been put into his hands as a prayer full of hopes and promises were being mumbled. Finally, the crown had been placed on his head.

The new King continued to sit there while people like the preacher gradually made their way outside. The hall was dead-silent. Soon, he was accompanied by the highest Royal Guards to greet his people outside. Outside, he was welcomed with warm applause as he waved.

Danbi was still in the crowd, somewhere in the back. She didn't get the chance to speak with him just once before driving off to the castle for further celebrations. Even outside of the church after the public acts were done, the female couldn't even catch a real glimpse of her partner.

Was that how their future life would look like?

Getting into separate cars, they drove off.

Later, back in the castle, a small group of family and other important people including some paparazzi were assembled as Youngjo was preparing to hold a speech. His first speech as a King. The whole room went quiet just by the sound of him clearing his throat, signalling that he was ready. Cameras were all over him.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming today. We all will utterly miss my dear father, our king. It will be hard at first, I am aware of that. However, let me assure you that it is okay to grieve. The palace does, my dear mother does and I do too. Let's take our time. Still, let this not be how we are going to remain as a nation," after a short pause he continued "I've got to admit, I have not always been a good son to my parents, I am well aware of that. Yet, I believe I can be better. I believe, with the support of our people, we can make this country bloom again, together. Lastly, want to thank everyone who stood by my side until now and those who will continue to stay by me and the crown. I promise you, I will not disappoint you."

The freshly crowned king looked back at Danbi who patiently waited for him to continue his speech, not knowing what will follow. Youngjo's lips slightly curled up as he turned back to his people.

"Furthermore, my first announcement as your king will be my marriage. I, King Youngjo, am very happy to announce the marriage of my first and only true love Kang Danbi and me. I am very happy to announce her being the strong Queen by my side. Further details will follow soon, delivered by my spokesperson. Thank you."

With that, the flashing lights were capturing him as he took a step back, ready to leave the press conference. Everyone was supposed to leave behind him, however, the King held out his hand for his fiancée. She took it with a smile, leaving the room together with him under flashing lights.

The door shut.

Noble Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें