Too Nervous

Ok I've gotta admit that some stuff with Darius is just me writing my own feelings so like...sorry Darius but you're gonna be tortured every story mate 😟

Ben's POV:

It had been a full week at the Island. Darius seemed to be avoiding me. I didn't understand why though, he looked so uneasy and was barely around. I didn't know why, I was worried about him. "Hey wanna play a game?" Brooklyn asked, obviously bored. Darius was helping Mae clean the kitchen. "Yeah, what game?" I asked, Brooklyn thought for a second trying to find one. "Oh! Yazzy told me about Dare or truth!" Sammy tried to explain, Yaz shook her head with a laugh. "It's truth or dare Sammy." Yaz corrected, Sammy nodded. "Hey Darius!" Kenji called out, Yaz glanced at me. Darius came out of the kitchen, he tried to not make eye contact.

"We're about to play truth or dare, wanna join?" Kenji asked, Brooklyn looked at Darius weirdly. He let out a strong breath and nodded. "Fine." He gave in, everyone smiled as he sat next to me. There were different spots, why me? "I'll start, Sammy truth or dare?" Brooklyn asked Sammy. "Dare!" Sammy confidently said, Brooklyn smiled. "I dare you to talk in your American accent the whole game." Sammy rolled her eyes, clearing her throat. "Ben, truth or dare?" Her american accent showing, some of us started laughing. "I uh...truth!" I said in between my laughs. "Have you ever skipped school?" Her american accent still showing. "Uhmmm....yeah." I said, Sammy nodded.

"Kenji, truth or dare?" I asked. "Dare!" He proudly said, I thought for a second. "I dare you to cut your hair." I said, he had fairly longer hair now. "What!?" He groaned, he put his hand out near Darius. Everyone looked confused at first, but Darius just pulled out some hair scissors and gave them to Kenji. "Do you just carry those around!?" Sammy asked, still in an American accent. "Yeah." Darius said, unfazed. Kenji walked over to the bathroom and came out with just a little cut off in the back. "Boring." Yaz joked, Kenji flipped her off and sat back down.

We continued to play until it was about 10PM. "Darius truth or dare?" Yaz asked with a yawn. She stretched her hands up and smoothly placed her arm over Sammy. "Dare?" He said, more of a question than an answer. Yaz smiled. "I dare you to jump into the watering hole." The room was silent, it was like 11PM, so the water would be freezing. "Seriously?" Darius groaned as he stood up. Everyone followed him outside. "Do I have to?" He asked, Yaz nodded while holding her girlfriend. "Go D!" Kenji cheered, Darius sighed as he jumped into the cold water.  

Everyone started laughing slightly. "I HATE YOU YAZ!" Darius shouted from the water, I rolled my eyes and went inside to get a towel. I went through the closet and got a towel and walked outside. Darius was yelling at Yaz. "Shut up!" Kenji groaned, Darius rolled his eyes. His face lit up when he saw me with a towel. "I'm going to sleep night ya'll." Sammy said, back to her usual accent. "Us too." Brooklyn quickly siad, pulling Kenji back into the cave with Yaz and Sammy. Leaving us alone. We awkwardly looked at each other, I walked up to him and gave him the towel. "Thanks." He mumbled. 

I smiled at him in response. "So...uhm what was being home like?" I broke the silence, Darius smiled and sat on the edge of where he jumped off. I sat next to him, it was pretty cold. "Well, I don't have any friends but my teachers really like me I guess." He softly says, I put my arm around him and pull him closer for...warmth? He opens the towel and wraps it around me as well. "How about you?" He asks in return, he sets his head on my shoulder making my stomach feel all weird again. "Me? I..uhm...Well it's going alright, I got held back though." I finally was able to say. 

He nodded to indicate he was listening. "Would that mean we are in the same grade?" He asked, I thought for a second. He is 14 and I'm 15, so maybe. I was supposed to be a sophomore but I'm a freshman and so is he so... "Yeah, I think so." I responded, he smiled to himself but it soon faded. 

Darius' POV: 

I sat next to Ben nervous. I was too nervous to confess my feelings. What if he didn't like me? What if he hated me? I had been trying to avoid him all week, what if that led him to hate me. Although we were practically cuddling, I still had those thoughts. It was silent, I didn't want to bring anything up. "Hey Darius..?" He spoke first, I hummed. He took a deep breath, which made me nervous. "Have you ever had some sort of crush on someone?" He asked, my stomach started to feel nervous. "I guess." I responded, he didn't say anything. "What about you." I asked, he sighed again. "I guess." I chuckled at the similar answers. 

"What are they like?" I asked, he smiled and laughed nervously. "Well uh...they really like Dinosaurs." He gave me a glance. I was confused by the way he looked at me. "What about you?" He asked back, I started smiling and looked down at the water below us. "They're hair is amazing, and they also like Dinosaurs." I explained, trying not to give anything away.

Ben's just smiled softly at me. "We should head inside." He said, I nodded. I was a little disappointed he didn't realize I was talking about him, but I also didn't want him to think I was weird. We walked into the cave, everyone must've went to they're rooms. We had the couches, I sat down on one while Ben sat on the other couch. "I'm gonna go change." I said, just now remembering I was soaking wet. He laughed slightly. "I'll change after you." I nodded, I grabbed my bag and walked into the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror for a while then started to change.

This is pretty short but yk idk I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Word Count: 1069