Trying Again

Ben's POV:

Kenji and Mr. Kon were walking around, probably bonding. We were by the watering hole with the dinosaurs. Darius was fascinating over Little Eatie. "It's amazing, seeing these Carnivores so up close." He said, writing down some things in his note pad. I still felt really nervous to talk to Darius about the night I was planning on confessing. Infact, I was terrified. What if he didn't feel the same? We only had two days left, I HAD to confess today. I had no choice. It was either now or never.

"I'm gonna go on a walk with Bumpy." I said instead, everyone was unbothered by my decision. I stood up and called to Bumpy and we started walking. "I don't know what to do Bumper Car." I said, not knowing who I was talking to. When I was alone on the island I had a habit of talking to Bumpy. Bumpy let out a low groan. "I want to, I really do. But I'm too nervous." I said, pretending like I was responding to Bumpy.

I heard something rustling behind me, I quickly turned around. Bumpy growled softly. Someone popped out of the bushes. It was Darius. "Hi Ben." I smiled at him in response. He walked over to me and we continued to walk. "nice hair." He lifted his hand and ruffled my hair, there was nothing different about it. I had my usual bandana on. "Thanks?" I said, more of a question then an answer. Darius just smiled and continued to walk by my side. "Hey Darius...?" I said, he hummed softly. "Are you okay?" I asked instead, he turned his head to me with a confused look smeared across his face.

"What?" He murmured, I moved my gaze down at my hands and fiddled with them. "You've been off lately...I just wanted to make sure-" "I'm fine." His voice was shaky, I looked at his face with sympathy. "It's just that you-" "I said I was fine Ben." He said again, his tone even more shaky then before. I stopped walking, making both Bumpy and Darius stop. "Darius, you can talk to me." I said, Darius looked at the floor, trying to avoid eye contact.

"It's my business, I'm fine Ben." He said again, I sighed and nodded. I signeled Bumpy to continue walking. I kept glancing at Darius, I wanted to know what he was thinking. He was always there for me, even after Isla Nublar. He never left my side. Why did he not want me to act the same? I just wanted to help, honestly. We walked in silence until we decided to walk back. "Hey, what did you think about Brooklyns haircut?" I broke the silence, his face seemed to lighten up. "I was very impressed on how good it looked on her!" He said, I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah! I mean, I could never look good with that haircut!" I said with a slight chuckle. Darius turned to me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What do you me? Any haircut would look good on you, your hair is amazing." He admitted, my face flushed a red. Then I realized it, he liked my hair. His crush liked Dinosaurs, I like Dinosaurs. Did I have a chance? "Darius?" I blurted, we stopped walking. I turned and looked at him. He looked at me confused.

"Can I admit something?" I asked, he smiled at me nervously. "Of course Ben." He responded sweetly. I let out a strong, heavy breath and looked back at him. "I've like you, not as a friend more. I love you Darius, I have been wanting to say this for the longest time, even when I came back." I said, his eyes widened in shock. "What...?" He mummbled, presumably to himself. I looked at him with a worried face. I hoped he would say it back, I wished he would've, I really did.

"Ben...I'm so sorry I-" He was intruppted by Yaz yelling loudly behind us. "BEN DARIUS!!" She practically screamed out. She ran into us with her breath out. "It's Kenji...Mr. Kon he..." She had to catch her breath. "What happened!?" Darius asked worried. Yaz was about to say something but a dinosaur crashed through the trees. We all jumped, Bumpy got startled and ran off. "Shit." I muttered.

Cliffhanger 😍 sorry for the short chapter, I had no idea how to end it and I am having a hard time getting motivation so sorry 😥

Word Count: 756