Happily Reunited?

Yaz's POV:

I gave a thumbs up to Ben and started to walk back inside. "He's definitely gonna confess." Brooklyn said, Sammy continued rubbing her hair as we walked inside. "What's that smell?" Kenji looked around and noticed a plate. "Oh, someone must've forgotten to put this away." He picked the plate up. "Kenji taking care of dishes? I could get used to that." Mae noted, everyone laughed. Kenji scoffed and was about to go into the kitchen when someone came out. "Son...?" The man muttered, Mr. Kon!? "D-dad!?" Kenji backed away slowly. "Please, I don't mean any harm I'm so sorry." He tried to say. "No, no! I'm not forgiving you get away from me!" Kenji threw the plate at Mr. Kon.

The plate shattered against the wall. We all looked in horror as Mr. Kon just hugged Kenji. "I'm so sorry son..." I heard him whisper. What was happening? Ben and Darius ran into the cave startled. "What happened!?" Ben started, they both went silent as they recognized Mr. Kon. "What..." Thats all Darius could mutter out. Kenji pulled out of the hug, tears falling from his eyes. "Your actually sorry...?" He wispered, Mr. Kon laughed slightly and nodded. "I missed you so much Son." He hugged Kenji once more.

It looked so genuine. I couldn't help but be happy for Kenji. He finally had his father back. Kenji melted into the hug and bagan sobbing. "I missed you too dad." Kenji muttered. "Is someone going to explain whats happening?" Ben said, we all turned to him, including Kenji. "Oh, yeah of course you should sit down though." Mr. Kon softly said.

Ben's POV:

"Start talking." I sternly said, he stood in front of all of us. His face looked innocent, and peaceful. "Listen please...My boss convinced me this was right, I promise I'll never do this again. I thought I was doing the right thing, and I was being bribed. I just wanted to have a good life after....after..." He paused and covered his nose while sniffling. Some tears ran down his face. "After my wife, Kenji's mother...pasted away." He finally said, I could sense everyone's heart melted. So did mine. It was so heartbreaking to hear. "It's ok..." Darius mummbled, it was a lot for Darius to say this. "Yeah dad...it's ok I promise." Kenji stood up and hugged his father.

I glanced over to Darius, he didn't have the same look on his face as the others. Maybe he was just taking it all in. But I knew the real reason why.

We let Mr. Kon stay, he was very nice to all of us. Almost like Mae. Kenji was extremely happy to have his father back. He missed him a lotz you could tell. Mr. Kon was way nicer then I expected. "Mr. Kon wanna play Uno?" Sammy asked, it was a Wensday we were leaving in two days. "Sure, why not." Everyone smiled, Kenji looked a little embarrassed. I knew I would win. Darius was right next to me, so that meant he would attack me. After we explained the game, we started to play. I put down a yellow, and so on. The game went on longer than it should've.

"Uno!" Mr. Kon said proudly, everyone audibly groaned. "How!? It's only the first round!" Kenji complained, Mr. Kon smiled. No one could do anything, Mr. Kon won. "Hey, I'm gonna go take a nap." Darius quietly said, I nodded and watched him walk off to one of the rooms. He had become distant ever since Mr. Kon came back. I knew why, but I refused to accept that. I didn't want to ruin the mood. But at the same time...he had a good reason. I wanted to confess my feelings to him. I was intruppted last time, and he seemed way more distant to me now, maybe he didn't feel the same way.

Maybe he thinks I'm a freak. What if he hates me because of it? I didn't want to ruin our friendship. I didn't want to be distant from him. I wanted to talk with him, I wanted him to play with my hair like always. Why did he become so...sad? I kept asking myself that question like I would get an answer. But everytime I got one, I didn't want to believe it. I wanted the answer to be nicer. Not sad, or depressing. I wanted things to go back to normal, like last week when we were yelling because of a game. Or swimming in the Watering hole, or setting our heads on each other's shoulders when we were tired.

"I think I'll go take a break too." I finally said, I got some sad glances but I ignored them. I quickly walked into a different room and let out a shaky breath. I was on the verge of tears. Why? I didn't know. And honestly I didn't want to know. I didn't want to accept the fact that I was crying over something so stupid and so small. It was stupid. I was stupid. I sighed heavily and layed down on the bed. It was Yaz and Sammys room. It was pretty comfortable to say the least. Thoughts ran through my head faster than anything else. Only three more days.

A/N

Heyyy, sorry this is short. I have school tomorrow so there won't be much publishing. But I'm gonna try and publish more today cause it's only 6PM (ish)

Word Count: 923