" 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞 "

the morning sun beams through joe's blinds and hits his eyes making him groan

"fuck."

he decided it was too early for him and closed his eyes once more but quickly jumped out his bed hearing his mom's footsteps.

"JOEL DANIEL LOPEZ JANSON-"

his mom's voice was enough to make him shit his pants but her yelling his full name gave him a fucking heart attack.
he muttered curses and groans as he adjusted his eyes to the light in the room.

"If you're not ready by the time I get to your room-". just as she was about to scold him joe interrupted her by opening the door with his pants on and fixing his hair.

"jesus, mom. i'm tryna get ready see? ya mero acabo."
he turned around with a sleepy face and yawned.
( i'm almost done )

"ay, buenos días perico. cómo dormiste? ya te deje dinero para comprar tu lonche y ya está tu plato para que desayunes."

( good morning parrot. how did you sleep? i've already left you some money to buy lunch and there is a plate ready for you to eat. )

joe never really understood how his mom could switch up her mood so quickly. she could go from yelling at him for having a attitude then when someone yells at him she immediately kicks their ass. not literally, obviously. but that would be nice, considering how many people pick on him he'd like to see them get what they deserve once in awhile.

especially if his mom is kicking their ass.

"okay, thanks ama. I'm almost done."
with that, he puts his shirt on fixes his hair, again. puts his shoes on and bids his mom goodbye while eating the pan with cajeta his mom made.
( THAT SHIT HITS HARD FR 😩😩 )

joe didn't really have any friends that lived in his neighborhood, or any friends at all. so, he usually walks alone to school but he occasionally walks with him.

"hey, jj!"

vance hopper, he's known for being violent and for playing pinball all the time. joe doesn't know how he became friends with him but he enjoys every minute with vance.

"hey, you sleep good?"

"yeah, I'm tired but i slept okay. what about you?"

"yeah, pretty much the same as always. hey, i saved up enough money for two tickets to see that new movie and i wanted to take my mom but she doesn't like movies like that. so, i was wondering if you were free today?"

one thing joe loved about his friendship with vance is that he wasn't scared of him. he didn't have any reason to. vance is a nice guy unless you mess with his pinball game. but if you just stand by and watch he'll be fine.
he didn't feel forced to talk about something. they could be walking in complete silence and one of them could blurt out the most random shit and they'd talk about it for ages.

"oh, yeah, ' texas chainsaw massacre ' right? man, it looks cool. so, yeah I'm free tonight."

they reached school, did their handshake and walked to their lockers. normal routine for both. vance had math first period which pissed him off. joe had science. they met outside for lunch and went to the gas station so joe could buy himself something to eat. he'd buy vance something but vance would always reject him and then finish it five minutes later.
(he fuckin that shit up fr 🤭)

"is it good?"

"shut the fuck up."