" 𝑏𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑦 "

billy showalter, one of my closest friends

gone missing.

walking back home without vance was normal. billy's face on missing posters flickering with the wind, not so much. my stomach turned and i felt my heart sink. billy and i were best friends, we used to hang out a lot. passing by the many, many posters were some kids across the street along with robin and who i guessed was finney blake and another girl with long brunette hair. the girl looked around and spotted me across the street and waved at me, waving and smiling back at the kind girl i kept making my way to school. i walked through the entrance and went to my locker. going to first period science and went to my assigned seat next to my friend donna.

"good morning, j." donna came in with her hair in two braids with two yellow ribbons and a yellow sweater. "how was your morning?" she asked and took out her supplies. "it was okay, billy went missing last night." i sighed and wondered where he could be. "oh, right. he did. sorry, i knew you guys were close friends." she smiled lightly. "we could look for him along with the search party?"

"but won't we be in school still?" i frowned but she just smiled. "we'll skip, obviously." she whispered and turned back to the front of the class. throughout class i wondered what happened to griffin. everyone forgot about him, what about his parents? i haven't heard about them in awhile, neither has my mom. i couldn't help but feel my feelings for billy come back, worried about him i didn't pay attention. what if vance is next? or robin? or bruce? maybe even finney. are the police even trying? all they do is look through the woods. if you haven't found anything then look somewhere else and you might get a clue to where they are, dumb fucks.

"joe, do you want to do the project with me?" donna's voice pulled me out of my worries. "huh? oh, yeah." i looked around at the board for a hint of what we're supposed to do. "okay, my house?" she stood by my desk while swaying her feet up and down. "yeah. meet you there at four." i told her and walked down to my locker where robin and finney stood talking. taking out my books and saying hi to them i went to the locker room. p.e. for second period sucks, i mean why the fuck do i have to work out in the morning? it's to early for the coaches to be yelling at me because i didn't do the arm circles right. "alright! today we are going to walk the track. walk! not run, not jog, not skip, walk." okay, we fucking get it, damn. i rolled my eyes and bruce walked up to me. "hey, man. how are you?" he asked and put his arm around my shoulder. "hey, bruce. i'm good, what about you?". we talked through the whole gym period and kept talking as we made our way to the locker rooms. "yeah, hey. i'll talk to you later, j. see you."

school was boring as usual and i waited and waited watching the clock for the bell to ring so i could go to lunch. finally, the halls full of kids and there i was, struggling to get past some people hugging their friends and kids yelling to move out their way. walking into the cafeteria, grabbing a lunch and going over to donna's table, she said to go with the search party during recess. we walked out the school and found two cop cars and a group of kids and adults. we basically skipped school but it didn't really matter since we only had three periods left. "sorry we didn't get a clue to where they might be." donna apologized as if it were her fault. it wasn't, it was this big fucking cock sucking asshole who's parents never loved him. i looked at her as we walked down the street to her house, "donna, it's not your fault. it's this pendejo's fault. sicko kidnaps innocent kids for his enjoyment."

the grabber, that's what the newspaper calls him, leaves black balloons, driving around with a black van.

and little did i know, that exact same van would be the one to take me away. from my mom, my friends, my donna, my bruce, and my vance.
the grabber would eventually trick me, kidnap me. and leave black balloons at the scene.

"jj? hey, you still there?" donna shook my arm a little, giggling after her sentence. "oh, yeah. i just got a distracted." i reassured my best friend. after we worked on the project for a while, which was explaining the different layers of the earth, we watched a movie and i went home. the sun was gone and the moon was out. it had started raining right after i left donna's house so, i was running. sprinting past rusty metal and wooden fences who had begun to rust and splinter were billy's missing posters. griffin's head stuck out behind them, both being soaked in the bad weather. as much as i don't want to, i'm loosing hope in looking for griffin. i mean not like anyone in this town care besides, donna, finn, gwen and the others. what's the point? this town isn't even trying and everyone's forgetting. even me. i'm forgetting griffin and billy already, even though he just disappeared i'm forgetting my friends.

jumping over the fence and knocking on my door, i hear footsteps shuffle towards the door and, another voice? i wonder who my mom has over.
the door opens and light shines on my face and a random man stands there with his eyebrow raised. who the fuck is the guy? he looks stupid. i don't like him. "and who are you?" the stranger asked in a rude tone. i fucking live here dickwad. "i live here, so who are you?" i reply in the same rude tone he gave to me. "oh really? valeria!" are you serious? "dude, are you kidding? why would some random kid come up to your door and ask to be let in?"

the man turns back to me. "okay, buddy. calm down, partner! no need to get violent." he tried calming me down. why would i need to calm down? i'm calm, estúpido! "yes, what's wrong. adam, who's at the door?" my mom looks up at him then at me soaking in the rain. "joel! mijo, i thought you were staying at vance's house?" what? i never said that. i'm guessing she saw the confused look on my face and continued, "vance's mother called saying you were sleeping over at his house and you guys were working on a project?" looking around like a fucking dumbass looking for clues. "mama, i was at donna's house. remember? for the earth project? and vance was at the grab 'n go."

what the fuck is going on? vance would have walked me to the grab n' go so we would walk to his house together. i would have called, and i was over at donna's. what the fucking fuck?

also, who the fuck is adam?