" 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 "

after having a okay sleep, i got up and went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror

bruises.

fuck. this shit wasn't here last night.

"flaco! porque tomas tanto rato?"

my mom asks me, standing at my doorway.

(why are you taking so long?)

"almost done, also can i go to the movies with vance today? please."

i knew my mom wouldn't let me go out right now. especially with griffin's kidnapping.

"mijo, you know i don't like you being out right now. you know about griffin, and who knows where this puto might me? what if you get taken too?"

"ma, trust me. nothing is going to happen, i promise."

"okay, but i'm going to take you there and you are going call me when the movie is done so i can make sure vance gets home safe."

"okay."

school finally ended and i met up with vance at the grab 'n go.

walking into the grab 'n go surround by kids waiting for their parents or friends probably, i see vance at the pinball machine.

"hey, pinball."

"hey, daniel."

"what do you want from here?"

"nothing, i can buy us something at the drive-in."

"fine."

dry conversations were our specialty. we could just sit in silence. i walked down the candy section and grabbed some candy with the money i saved up. vance paid for the entrance tickets.

"come on, vance. let's go."

"hold on, i'm about to beat my high score-"

fuck, another kid.

"oh, come on! you bitch!" vance pulled the kid closer by his collar. "do you know how close i was to beating my high score!?".

"shit, vance. come on, seriously we can skip and come back tomorrow!" i try and convince him to let go.

"no, this little shit made me loose!" vance had started to ball up his fist and yell louder at him. when i looked around, most of the kids had left except the store clerk.

"i'm being fucking serious, man! the store guy is already on the phone!" i yell at him, pulling him making the kid he was about ready to punch onto the floor.

holding his arm running out behind the store to somewhere.

"you fucking dumbass!"

"yeah, yeah. i know. you don't have to lecture me anymore." he sat down on the concrete and sighed.

"entiendes lo que está pasando! eres un idiota! cada vez te digo esto pero siempre se olvida, dios mío."

(do you understand what's happening! you're an idiot! i tell you everytime but you are always forgetting, my god.)

"hey! look, i don't understand what the fuck you're saying! i try and pay attention in spanish class to know what you're talking about!" vance gets up and balls up his fists. "but i just can't, okay!"

"vance, come on, man. i'm sorry, but you were going to get arrested, again."

"it's fine, let's just go to the movies."

📍DENVER, APRIL 3, 1976