four

CHAPTER IV.
ichor responsibility.

Maybe you were wrong to feel excited for the new dawn. The feeling becoming so rare perhaps you were a bit too eager for it. As it is the day after pairing, most vampires are eager to try out fresh blood. So, as a safety precaution, humans arrive on campus around an hour or so before to have blood safely extracted in safe amounts that allows them to still attend classes for the rest of the day.

Although being somewhat used to this routine, it didn't feel pleasant waking before even the birds. Your mother dropped you off as per usual during the first day, not wanting you to walk in the dark.

"Be careful, dear. If you need to go home early let me know okay?" You nod with a hum, too tired to use your vocal chords as you wave her goodbye. Lethargically passing through the front gate you peak over your shoulder to see the sun just barely beginning to rise.

Many people were already bustling about the building, some grabbing breakfast from the cafeteria while some just talked amongst their friends to pass the time. Some already sporting the small bandage on the wrist.

Hopefully, you wouldn't have to wait that long. You were purposefully a bit late for the blood draw to let the crowd thin out before you arrived, as you were stuck waiting for about an hour last time.

Walking down the hallway towards the nurses office, you notice a few outside the door but nothing that won't take too long you suppose. Better than last times full hallway of antsy, scared teenagers.

You simply wait at the back of the line until your turn.

"Alright dear, just sit down and tell your class and full name."

The nurse who assisted you was a nice fair lady, she wore simple flats with her high collared white dress. Her white cap atop her dark, short, curly hair as it bounced around with her movement. Her shiny name tag shows 'Calla' in thin black letters.

"Class 2B, (Y/N) (L/N)" You sat on the plush chair as you began rolling up your uniform sleeve on your non-dominant side.

"Alright, let me just look over your file and we'll get started." Calla opens a simply paper folder as her eyes widen ever so slightly.

"My, my, you have quite the year ahead of you don't you, (L/N)-chan?" You hum, mostly ignoring the question. Not really in the mood for small talk so early in the day.

She rubs a numbing cream on the arm you've exposed with her gloved hands as she sits next to you on a short mobile stool.

"Take a deep breath." You close your eyes, and take one deeeeeep breath in as you feel the familiar prick of the needle.

...

You leave the nurses room with three warm bags of blood. Two filled to the normal ratio while one was a bit low. While the last bag was specifically for Tomo, since he needed his portion to be the freshest.

The blood bags were put into a specially made —sealed— bag for you to carry them like a special gift bag. Ensuring the 'smell' only the vampires could smell was closed off and didn't attract any unwanted attention. Especially since you carried basically three months worth. You felt quite weak & mildly dizzy after the blood draw which you were assured was normal. The nurse, Calla, provided you with a few beneficial snacks and supplements to help you through the day.