♡♡♡♡

Liam wipes off his clammy hands on his cotton pants, praying that his boss won’t chew his head off for showing up only in his t-shirt. In Liam’s defense, however, Harry did call him in the middle of the night, asking (or demanding, to be honest) him to come into the address sent to his messenger and hung up on him before he had any chances of protesting. As much as Liam hates being the asshole’s secretary, the pay is good and it’s the only reason Liam is able to feed Zee (his cat) those salmons he’s addicted to.

To Liam’s surprise, the GPS led him to this huge marbled-glory of a house and he thinks that with his current savings, he can only afford the wooden door. Even an idiot would know that this is obviously Harry's private residence, but what truly surprises him is that Harry Styles, resident pruny ass alpha with no interest in sharing his personal life with anyone, would invite Liam Payne, a beta no-one, to his not-so-humble abode like this.

Gulping down his nerves, he manages to gather some courage and goes to the intercom before he changes his mind and sprints away with Zee back to Wolverhampton.

“Hello, welcome to the Styles residence, how may I help you?” A deep, sweet voice comes from the speaker and even from the static it sounds very pleasant. Liam rolls his eyes, of course Harry has servants in the house to answer the door for him.

Liam straightens up and clears his throat before answering, “Good evening, my name is Liam Payne, Mr. Styles’s assistant. I was asked to come here as per his own request,” he tries politely but he knows that there’s a slight edge to his tone since it’s currently fall and it’s late and he’s fucking cold.

There’s a gasp from the other side, and a indignant Haz! that makes Liam raise his eyebrows. Huh. Haz! must’ve been Harry and Liam truly doesn’t know what came through this servant’s mind to have the guts to address Harry so informally like that.

The static makes it impossible for him to hear the conversation that’s obviously going on in the background, and that deep voice returns a few moments later.

“I’m terribly sorry! You must’ve been cold, Liam, please come in, I opened the door for you!”

Liam nods his head before realizing the man behind that voice can’t possibly see him so he says a quiet thanks instead and almost jumps out of his skin when the front gates open automatically without any cue. He lets himself inside and takes a little bit time to admire the garden that’s very obviously well managed. Harry has a good eye on picking his workers.

He swears it takes him five minutes to finally see the main door (he notices some security cameras installed and swallows in fear) and there’s a man waiting for him by the door.

Now, Liam is not that delusional to think that his boss would be there waiting for him in the cold, so he just assumes that he’s another one of Harry’s variety of servants in the house, simply doing their jobs.

But as he gets closer, his nose gets a sniff of something sweet, something (or rather, someone) very pregnant and Liam raises his eyebrows. Surely Harry Styles wouldn’t have employed a pregnant omega, his boss might be crazy but he still has common sense. (Does he?)

Before he can wallow more onto the fact that his boss is potentially disobeying the labor law, though, the omega pads away to him quickly, and Liam notices how he’s wearing some silk robe that clearly couldn’t belong to a mere servant. The omega waddled to him and worriedly squeaks "Liam, you must've been freezing!” And Liam immediately realizes that this man was the man behind that sweet voice.

Before he gets a chance to answer, though, the omega is wrapping him in blankets that he never noticed the latter was carrying. “I’m sorry, I would’ve brought more but I can’t, as you can see,” under the dim lamp, the beta can see a sheepish smile adorning the omega’s features as he points out to his belly. He still can’t see his face properly, though.