The Morning After

Sunlight streamed through the window and landed on Ginny's face. Her eyes opened slowly, and she gently turned her head, trying to remember where she was. Memories flooded her mind's eye of the previous night, causing a slight grin and a mild blush. Her legs were still intertwined with his.

She wrapped the sheets around her body as she laid her head against his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart. She felt his body shift as he began to wake, going through the same process she had just moments ago.

He looked down at her and smiled.

"Good morning." She said with a small grin.

"Morning."

She rose and stood, keeping the covers around her as she searched for her scattered clothes. Harry laid back, watching her as she scrambled to find her clothes.

"You don't have to go yet if you don't want too." He said quietly.

She looked over at him shyly.

"I should probably get going, Mum is going to lose her mind."

"What are you going to tell her?" Harry said with a cheeky smile.

"I'll just say that it was late, and I crashed on the couch downstairs."

"Smart." He said with a chuckle.

She dropped the sheets as she began redressing, his eyes watching her closely.

"You know, you could at least stay for breakfast, Kreacher can have it done in just a few moments."

"It's sweet of you to offer, but seriously, I think I should go."

She finished dressing, put her hair up, and strode towards the door.

"Wait!" He finally exclaimed, standing quickly. "What does this mean? For us?"

She slowly turned to him, a sad smile on her face.

"Last night was amazing, I would be lying if I said I hadn't wanted that for a long time. I think we both knew that had been building for the last few days. But you're still in love with Hermione, I'd be worried if you weren't. I don't want to be a rebound relationship, if we are going to be together, I want it to be real."

He walked towards her, grabbing her hand, "How do you know it's not real?"

"Because I know you, Harry. Take a few months for you, for her, for me. In a few months, if you aren't with Hermione still, and you're truly over her, then we can talk about trying again."

Harry stared into her eyes for a few moments before nodding his head and dropping her hand. She kissed his forehead gently before walking down the stairs and using the fireplace to Floo back to the Burrow.

He sighed as he sunk back onto the bed, the house deathly silent, exclaiming his loneliness once more.

-----------------------------------------------------

A short, bonus chapter. I wanted to wrap up this cliffhanger as we finish up Christmas Break this week.

I hope you enjoyed!

Until Next Time,

-JRich