Chapter 1: Salvation

Lightning struck down into the sea.

"Hurry! We must get to the mainland before the Chakra catch up with us!"

The elder's voice travelled quickly through the ears of passengers on the craft. Their arms began rowing faster than before.

"Jin-elder, I don't think we'll make it at this rate!"

A troubled cry sounded from nearby as the vessel leading the way was filled with panicking voices and pale faces. Each knew the danger of crossing over the Moonlight Sea.Everyone knew all too well, but still, they had to cross. 

There was no other option.

"Keep rowing, men! Switch when your arms no longer move!"

Mount Cronin, the largest volcano on the planet Ikenai, had erupted a year prior, rendering all nearby islands uninhabitable due to its ash clouds. Lands became desolate, and people were falling sick. 

Their only choice left was to flee.

Where to?

Upon further exploration of the Sistensia continent, people began to notice Cronin's enormous magma eruption caused the formation of an entirely new island, with Mt. Cronin looming over in the centre.

That was where. The very disaster that brought this chaos would now be a shining hope. Their salvation.

"Jin-elder, I see it! L-land, at last!"

And salvation, it was.