The Tests!

"Interesting....Very interesting..."

"What is it?" I ask.

"You have the qualities of many different types of warriors. Are you a ranger by chance?"

I smirk, "I am actually. I'm surprised you knew."

He smiled back,"I didn't know for sure but the way you answered my questions did give me a hint about your fighting style. Let's put it to the test... a more physical one. Farkas! Get in here and take Runa to the practice court. "

Farkas came in the room and motioned me over,"Follow me."

We walked past the mead hall and out the back doors. Outside was a smaller table with an array of food. We walked past it and headed for practice dummies.

"Okay Runa, you're fighting me. There's only one rule and that is that you can't use magic on your opponent. Take a few good swings at me and I'll try not to hurt you too badly."

"Alright. Let's get started then." I smile.

"Let's begin."

I weild my great sword and swung down to my left. Farkas swung up in the other direction with his sword and nearly knocked my blade out of hand. I quickly brought it back and swung it to the side, knocking Farkas to his feet. He smiled and took his shield and swept my feet out from under me. We quickly got back up.

"You're not half bad." He said with a little blood treckling down from his lower lip. He wiped it away with a smirk and took a cloth and wiped my cheek that I had scraped on the ground.

"Let's go inside and tell the old man that you passed."

"I did?"

He laughed," Of course you did, you had that fire in your eyes every warrior has when they're fighting. Its an eternal flame that not many people have."

I smiled. "Let's go then."

After being accepted into the Companions, I was introduced to the living quarters. I found a bed I liked and immediately fell slowly to a deep sleep, after all, my first mission is tomorrow.