4

LIFE OF IBRAHIM
CHAPTER FOUR

IBRAHIM POV

This past two days has been a stressful one for me, from how hectic handling the site it to rukayya unnecessary demands and nagging, this morning we had yet another quarrel I didn't even say much because I'm used to rukayya calling me names,
Despite the critical situation we are facing rukayya now demand a maid saying the work around the house is too much for her, I told her we don't need a maid we barely stay at home but she insisted, I am so tired and fed up with everything, not having a supportive spouse can be overwhelming sometimes.

"Sallamu'alaikum."I say opening the parlour door with a tiring sigh, there's no much work in the site so I decide to come home and rest, it's Friday and rukky is probably still at school.

"Dada."the familiar voice say coming out if the bedroom and i look up confuse, rukky took haidar with her to school today for some reason i don't know and I definitely cannot ask after all he's her son.

I pick him up and sit him on my lap as rukky come out of the bedroom, she's all dressed up in this beautiful fitted Ankara pencil gown, her face heavily make up with the heavy smooky look and the red lipstick gives her a dashing look to die for.

"Good thing you are back,
You will take haidar to your mum's,
I wanted to go with him at first but I can't i will be too busy."she say and sit on the parlour one sitter couch cleaning the about 5-6inche heels.

"Where are you going to?"I ask confuse and she look up from her shoes.

"Basmah's wedding ofcrse,
Today is the Kamu,
Didn't i told you yesterday was the henna ceremony but i couldn't make it because of the test i wrote?
Anyway you don't owe me any explanation I have manage to save myself from embarrassment and bought the "Anko" ,
Good thing I'm not from a wretched background."she say bitterly and i just look at her , I facepalm and shake my head with a chuckle.

"Rukky."I say in a hyping tune.
Haba the one and only Mrs Ibrahim,
The most beautiful woman in the whole planet,
The woman with the most beautiful smile and cutest dimples."I hope and she start smiling, sure rukky love to be called all sort of good names.

"I will drop you off."I offered and she shake her head.

"With which car?
This old beated Rav4,
God forbid I'm going with nabila and co they are coming to pick me in her husband new car he bought last week,
The latest G-waggon."she say emphasizing on the car product and i facepalm with a sigh.

"Rukky when will you learn to appreciate what you have?"I ask and she look up at me as she put on her shoe.

"What do you mean?
So i shouldn't say the truth,
Ibrahim you don't want to upgrade,
Everyday complaining,
You don't have, you don't have as do you are the world poorest man,
Please don't upset me this Afternoon,
I don't want you to drop me off go and take haidar to your mum's."she say and stand up.

"Rukky what if as your husband i ask you not to go to this wedding?"I say and she look at him confuse, before burst into laughter.

"Husband indeed,
Even husband's that treat there wives specially let there wife's go to this wedding, then who are you to stop me from going?
Wether you like it or not I'm going,
I don't need your approval to do anything ibrahim because you are not manly enough,
Nonsense."she say and head to the bedroom.