Chapter 5

Taisho Era Secrets are now appearing, a little crow came and handed me a note(a lil joke). Taisho Era Secrets can be found below the diction, don't forget to read it!

Chapter Five: One day out of Centuries
Unedited
-ooc muzan-

The demon couple stood in a shop, full of kimonos and other clothing. The elderly woman at the counter had gone to the back to fetch something.

"Tell me, dear." Muzan stood in an isle, his arms crossed over his chest. "Why did you join a corporation that is against our kind?"

Zhilan set down the scarf she was eyeing. "When I awoke, and saw the rotting corpse of the doctor. I was reminded of you, the way you suddenly became this man-eating, anger driven creature. Your eyes were never red, but I had quickly discovered what it is you are. As well as myself, we are demons. Townsfolk talked plenty about a demon slayer who came to their rescue, and I assumed that would be the easiest way of finding you."

Muzan hummed, his lips pressing into a thin line. "Would you ever turn your blade towards me?"

"Demons can remove their own head." Zhilan stated. "I learned that rather quickly. If I were to turn my blade to you, I do wish you know that I am merely playing along with the slayers. I have minor ill intent directed towards you. If I go to slice your neck, I hope you can cut it off yourself before I do."

A smirk proudly shown itself on Muzan's face. "I see. Would you-"

"Muzan, you are going to ask for me to work alongside you, are you not?" She let out a laugh at his annoyed face. "Relax, dear. I will, I can even do you one better. News and reports from the inside. However, this is your time to prove that your heart is only set on me, so please drop the business brain set. Be yourself, hun."

Muzan let out a sigh, his shoulders barely dropping. He ran his fingers under the fabric of a red and gold kimono. "This would suit you perfectly. Your hair, and eyes would stand out."

"You think so?" She approached the kimono, lifting the bundle of fabrics into her arms. "I will go try it on, then."

The male gave a nod, browsing through the other isles as she left to the dressing stalls. His eyes going back and forth to the scarf he witnessed his fiancé eyeballing.

It was soft, a nearly plush texture. A pale shade of grays and blues. With a hum, he stepped away from the scarf. Going to check on his lady.

"Zhilan?" He rapped his knuckle against the door. "Does it fit alright?"

She opened the door, have a bit of trouble tying the sash around her waist. "Would you mind?"

His hands worked diligently, tying the sash behind her and making the bow perfect. He left his palms residing on your waist, as he admired her beauty in the mirror.

Plenty of people would say black and gold don't suit her. However, Muzan would argue with that opinion. To him, black and gold brought out the shimmers of silver in her snow white hair. Blending with her pale skin perfectly.

"Is something wrong with the kimono, Muzan?"

He shook his head, grabbing her haori and uniform from the floor. She still had that habit of dropping her clothes to the floor when she disrobed.