Chapter 6

Chapter is short due to the wonderful memes I have created down at the bottom.

Chapter Six: A begging boy
-unedited-

Much to Zhilan's disappointment, she had to rid of the smooth silk kimono. Apparently, Muzan had sent a demon to help assist her with the loads of bags and belongings she had in the room. The demon merely stated their reasoning for its presence, gathered the bags and the embroidered kimono from her delicate fingers before vanishing. Just like how the other demons have done.

Her skin adjusted to the hot, heavy fabrics of her uniform and haori, a small frown spreading across her now masked lips. Zhilan's long, white hair fell against her back, the silvery tips reaching just below her bottom.

"I am rather hungry." Zhilan verbalized her thoughts quietly, feline eyes skimming across the nutritious mammals that wondered by her. Each with a different objective; go home with a drunken mind, heading towards work, or making their way to the restocked vendors within the city. "Oh well, I suppose I will have to wait until another night. I wonder what to do now."

She tilted her wagasa, ears perking at the sound of her name being called. Tanjiro ran down the path to her, beaten and clothes disheveled from the previous fight he had with two strong demons.

Zhilan knew all too well that Muzan would be furious if he caught word of the two demons being unable to fetch him Tanjiro's head.

"My, dont you look quiet frazzled." Her eyes squinted, a playful looking dancing in the blue hues. "I suppose you had quiet the night, hm?"

Tanjiro gave a weak nod of his head, shoulders slumping down with exhaustion. "Yes, two demons chased after us, but we met two other demons who were very kind! What about you though? You chased after Kibutsuji all on your own!"

She mimicked the same tiredness Tanjiro held. "I lost sight of him. He sure knows how to get around the alleyways of the city. Once I lost his trail, I had gone out searching for you, however I could not find the sight of you nor Nezuko."

The boy had a wide, relieved grin. "Im so glad he didnt kill you, Zhilan! Would you like to travel with Nezuko and I?"

"I suppose that would be delightful!" She hummed, but underneath that calm, innocent exterior was an alternative motive. Her zori sandals- which just so happened to be the one Muzan purchased her-scuffed the dirt and gravel as the two began to walk their way out of the perimeters of the awaking city.

"South-southeast!" Tanjiro's crow flew over their head, loudly chirping the directions of the next mission. "South-southeast!"

Another crow came, perching its talons on Zhilan's shoulder. She smiled upon seeing her feathered companion. Its beak cleaned its own feathers, before gently prodding at its master's hair. "Do I go in the same direction, Hui?"

The crow opened a wing wide, in a way, it was pointing at that direction. "South. East." Hui's speech was not as great as the other crow's, but she did not vocalize much either. However, even when Hui gave the most confusing directions, Zhilan was able to understand.

"PLEASE!" A loud voice cried out, making both crows become scared upon the sudden noise. A boy, with blondish hair that was deemed unnatural, grovelled on the ground in front of a young woman. "Please! Please! Please! Please, marry me! I could die any day, you know."

"Oh, my." Zhilan and her crow spoke with much repugnance(1), nearly making the same expression as well. The two pitied the young woman who was being harassed by the boy. She did her best to break free from his begging, howbeit she was unsuccessful. The way his tears and snot smeared across her yukata, caused Zhilan's face to contort.