Back together

(Modern day)

Max checked her phone, seeing her lock screen. It was a photo Eleven had taken with out her and Lucas knowing, Max had kissed his cheek making him smile in the photo.

She smiled softly, something she hadn't done in a while. A couple weeks ago her and Lucas called it quits, but Max couldn't bring her self to change the Lock Screen of her cellphone.

She loved him to much, even if he wasn't hers anymore. He was her first real boyfriend, her first real love.

She heard something hit her window but she didn't pay attention and continued to stare at her phone. Then again something hit her window and again and again until she finally went to check.

She opens her curtains irritatedly, opening her window and sticking her head out finding someone out side.

"Lucas?" She asked furrowing her eye brows, "What the yell are you doing?" She asked, not too loud so Neil couldn't hear.

"Max I'm sorry-" He starts, but Max shakes her head causing him to look confused.

She signals for him to climb up, and he does. "Don't be too loud, Neil is home and you know about him." She says sitting win in her bed, "What did you want?"

"Max I'm sorry, the whole argument was ridiculous. We were both in the wrong." He apologizes.

"You were in the wrong Lucas, I was. I realize everything we do is for me and we never take time to do what you want to do." She says with a sad smile.

"I am- or was your boyfriend Max, it was my job to make you happy." He says, forgetting to two were no longer together.

"And I was your girlfriend, it was my job to make you happy too." She says with a shrug.

Lucas doesn't say anything but looks at her, admiring her beauty. He couldn't believe he had done something to loose her.. again.

"What?" She asks, her face turning red as the tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Your really pretty Max." He says before sitting by her, "And I want to apologize for hurting you. Your too pretty to be crying over me, Max." He placed his hand on her's.

Max was to move it away, but she's missed his touch. It was a simple act but it meant so much to her, she had missed him.

She shrugged, "I'm sorry, Lucas. I know I'm bossy and mean but I thought it wouldn't bother you. And not doing what you want to do is super selfish of me." She says.

"It's okay." He says softly.

The two make eye contact, both wearing big smiles on their faces. They had missed each other but neither admitted it. Without warning, they both lean in pressing their lips together.

The kiss is slow and passionate, filled with love and forgiveness. Max's hands had made her way up to his neck as his rested in her waist. They broke away, but continued to share eye contact.

"Max I love you, and I still very much want to be with you." Lucas mumbles, "Only if you allow it, can we try again?"

Max smirked at him, placing a kiss onto his lips once again, "Does that answer your question?" She asked, as he went to answer but they hear footsteps.

Her eyes widen, jumping up and grabbing Lucas hand as she rushed to her closet. "Hide and be quite, okay?"

Her door opening causing Max to jump around, "Max honey- what are you doing?" Her mom asked.

"Nothing.. just reading." Max said turning around to the bookshelf in her room, picking out a dr.Seuss book.

Her mom had a knowing look with a wide smirk, "Come on out Lucas." She sighed drying her hand swith a dish rag.

Slowly, the closet door opened with Lucas behind it wearing a big smile, "Hi Mrs. Mayfield."

She chuckled, "Hi sweetheart." She shook her head.

"It's not what it looks like Mom-" Max is cut off by Susan raising her hand into the air.

"I don't care, Maxine. I love Lucas, just be carful with a Neil around. He's sleeping right now, but keep it down." She said with a wink before exiting, "And no funny business." He said sternly.

"Mom." Max groaned rolling her eyes.

"I'm going, I'm going." She closed the door behind her and Max jumped on the bed.

Lucas at beside her, grabbing her hand in his, "I'm glad we worked things out." He said causing Max to smile too.

"Me too, stalker." She said kissing his cheek.

*** update!!