15

"This is not how I wanted you to find out," Daniella sounded guilty as Max felt betrayed.

"How could you do this to me?" The Red Bull driver asked as he took a step closer, his eyes scanning her.

"I am sorry," Daniella apologized. "I just... I couldn't resist and it just happened."

"It just happened?" Max raised his eyebrows as a smile almost appeared on his face. "This kind of thing just happens?"

Daniella nodded with an innocent look on her face as she gently rocked the white ball of fur in her arms.

"I mean...look at her," Daniella slightly lifted her arms, making the white kitten purr. "Isn't she the cutest? I just saw her and..."

"And you fell in love with her.." Max softly smiled as he stepped closer and gently stroked the white fur of the little pet. "She is perfect."

"Right?" Daniella brightly smiled. "That's exactly what I thought when I first saw her."

Max wrapped his arm around his girlfriend and kissed the side of her head as the kitten comfortably rested in her arms, almost falling asleep but slightly raised her head as Max's two cats, Jimmy and Sassy, entered the room.

The couple sat on the couch and the cats soon jumped on it, one of them getting jealous about the attention Daniella is giving to her new pet but soon felt better as she took the cat on her lap as well while the other one jumped onto Max's shoulder, making him let out a laugh.

"This is perfect," Max smiled as he kissed Daniella before she shifted closer and rested her head against his chest as the kitten slept in her arms and Jimmy and Sassy purring and cuddling the couple.

__________

Instagram

♥️ Liked by sophieleclerc, roscoelovescoco, yukitsunoda0511, and 2,341,710 others

@daniellamichaels: Meet Lola Michaels, the new family member and the love of my life

View all 1,091,164 comments

@roscoelovescoco: i feels replaced 🥺

↪@yukitsunoda0511: somehow I also feel the same way

@pierregasly: i always thought you were a dog person

@collinsmichaels: if you give me Lola i will never make fun of you ever again

@maxverstappen1: ♥️♥️

@alexalbon: we need to arrange playdates with our cats as soon as I get better

__________

Max had an event to attend which lasted longer than expected. As soon as it was over he was done with all social interaction and headed back to his apartment where Daniella is also staying for the night.

The apartment felt empty when he unlocked the door but he knew where his girlfriend was. He slowly took off his necktie as he made his way to the bedroom.

"No Jimmy, play nice," Max could hear Daniella's voice as he got closer, a small tired smile playing on his lips.

"Not you too Lola," Daniella sounded like he was having trouble managing the cats. "No that is not a bed..."

Max slowly opened the door to see Daniella sitting in the middle of the bed. Her laptop was open in front of her but Lola and Jimmy took the electronic as their bed, preventing Daniella from working on it.

Daniella didn't realize that Max was in the room as the third cat jumped from behind and went to cuddle on her lap.

"Need help?" Max asked as a soft chuckle left his lips.

Daniella looked up as Max walked over to her.

"Yes please," She sounded helpless but still smiled. "Surprisingly Sassy is behaving well but Jimmy and Lola don't want me to work."

Max first picked up Lola who didn't fight him but when he went to pick up Jimmy he moved away and got closer to Daniella.

"See?" The Mercedes driver looked at her boyfriend.

"Yeah...they are attached to you," Max commented. "Not sure if I should be happy or jealous about it," he thought out loud but chuckled.

"Happy...be happy but please take them for fifteen minutes so that I can reply to these important emails," Daniella begged. She has been struggling for an hour with the cats but they just didn't want to leave her, especially since Max was not home.

"Only fifteen minutes," Max set up the time limit as he picked up the cats despite their reluctance. "After that, I am going to shower and..."

"And I will join you," Daniella added. "Now go before they jump out again."

Max nodded and quickly left the room with the cats and closed the door behind them. He then put them down and let out a deep breath, but as soon as he did that Jimmy and Sassy started scratching on the door, wanting to go inside, but Lola stayed near him, trying to bite and scratch his expensive shoes.

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

A/N: So Dani got a pet...and Max already has Jimmy and Sassy. If they are brave enough they can compete with Alex 😂

Thoughts on this chapter?

Thoughts on Lola?

There is so little to write when it's not a race week