26

"Dani?" Max called out as he entered her house and closed the door behind him. His girlfriend was nowhere in sight and didn't hear him as well. It has been a few days since they got back from Japan and things have cooled down a bit but also Max got a bit busy since he won the championship and was scheduled for a few interviews and attended a couple of parties to celebrate his achievement.

Max walked further inside the house as he got no response from his girlfriend and he knows for a fact that she is home. He saw the bedroom door wide open and a faint sound of music coming from inside.

"Dani..." Max once again called out as he entered the room.

"In here," Daniella replied from inside her walk-in closet.

As Max made his way over to her, Lola, Daniella's cat ran to him. He immediately picked up the cat in his arms.

"What are you doing?" Max asked his girlfriend, a little taken aback by the sight in front of him.

Daniella was sitting on the floor, surrounded by a mess of her clothes.

"I... I was rearranging everything and then I lost control..." She let out a deep breath, sounding defeated and frustrated.

"Why?" Max was curious. He put Lola down and the cat went and sat on top of a jacket that was on the floor.

"I was trying to make some space," Daniella replied as she looked up at her boyfriend who was usually dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt, while Daniella was in her pajamas and her hair was twisted into a bun.

"Space for what?" Max chuckled as he pushed some clothes aside and sat down on the floor. "You already have a lot of clothes, some of them still have the tags on them. I don't think you need to buy any new..."

"Space for you, you idiot," Daniella said in an annoyed tone.

"What? For me?"

"Yes," Daniella playfully glared at him. "I already took half of the selves in your closet, it's only fair I make space for you in mine."

Max couldn't help but smile which only got bigger when Daniella poured as she looked around the mess. He moved closer to her and put his arm around her before kissing her cheek.

"If you make space for me then where will the rest of your clothes go?" Max asked.

"I don't know," Daniella pouted, not able to work out the dilemma.

"Maybe you can get rid of them..." Max teased, his thumb gently caressing her cheek.

"Never," Daniella immediately replied. "I figured it all out. I will turn one of the guest rooms into a second closet," Her face lit up as she said it out loud.

Daniella stood up and extended her arm to Max to help him stand up.

"Come on," She excitedly said. "Help me move this mess to the guest room."

***

"This is how you want to spend the night? Really?" Max asked Daniella as he sulked right next to her on the couch, stealing her popcorn.

"I already told you, I need to catch up on all the shows before Collins spills the spoilers," Daniella replied. She was sitting comfortably, a big bowl of popcorn on her lap.

"Fine," Max gave in. "So what are we watching?"

"It's a documentary about Toto and Lewis..." Daniella lied, trying not to smile.

Max slowly looked at her, his eyes asking if she was serious. Daniella gave him an innocent smile but he looked like he was about to throw the television out of the window.

"I am going to walk out right now and never come back," Max warned her.

Daniella burst out laughing as she gently patted his cheek.

"I am kidding," She assured him. "We are watching Derry Girls."

"You watched that last week," Max complained.

"I rewatched the second season last week," Daniella pointed out. "Now we will watch season three."

Max sulked even more.

"I could have been partying with Lando right now..." He mumbled as the first episode started playing.

"Be thankful I am not making you watch the Kardashians."

**********

A/N: Boring chapter 🥲 Dani is making space for Max in her house and making him watch Derry Girls...so nothing interesting.